just bought 5t now what ha!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedoitall

it is awesome, already threw to the side my other cars.

so i bought a used 5t what should i do to make sure its mechanically sound.(what should i tear apart)

any help would be greatly appreciated since im definetly a noob at 5th scale gas.

i just purchased an aluminum clutch support(my buddy recommended i purchased) but thats all i have done to the 5t cept tires. oh wait i forgot i ordered a pull start cover, a DDM dominator "fast" pipe (yea). but thats it.

Fail safe that turns engine or throttle off. Either way on my fly sky $60 radio, from a WOT and turning off controller it stops pretty damn fast.

thats a fail safe, that will put the throttle into full brake only, if programmed correctly, a kill switch will kill the engine by turning it off completely.
not the same 2 different systems

A kill switch takes 2 seconds to respond.You can still do plenty of damage with a run away waiting for it to slow down.

my flysky has built in failsafe and I am getting it binded up with all 6 of my r/c's and working on getting all the killswitches now.

I love mine so far....haven't got to use it much yet but for the price and the options of end points and 10 models and lcd, built in failsafe......I have mine hooked to 2 of mine so far need to buy more recievers to do the rest.

Exactly. My fails safe acts as if I'm applying 100% brake. Best of all my $50 digital LCD radio has one built in!

What happens if you have a throttle servo failure, or the rx battery goes flat or becomes disconnected? Using a fail safe you will be unable to stop your vehicle.
This is where a kill switch is vital on a Largescale model. If any of the above happens you can still kill the engine and safely stop the vehicle.
One final thing, the engine will stop if you operate the 3rd channel, if you go out of range, if you have a radio glitch, if rx battery goes flat or disconnected so a runaway is almost impossible.
I personally would never run without one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks