just bought a rampage xt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby61

Well just bought a rampage XT truck. Didn't mean to but I think I got a good deal at under 400. Anyway was on flea bay and trying to get an Mt. Had a bunch of windows open with several auctions ending clicked bid on this with 10 sec. Left and won it then realized it was an xt.
So any thing I should look out for or immediately upgrade? Or should I just sell it when it arrives? I wanted a monster truck to play with as my losing 5ive is for racing.

I have a xt, it's a good truck and faster than the mt.
first thing you need is a remote kill switch. If you have a big place, a better radio with good range. If you are planning to run it hard and for extended periods of time, an aluminum transmission plate is a good idea. Make sure you get a good 2 cycle oil and mix it 25:1 I use castor 927 and hi octane gas. Use a resistor spark plug to minimize radio glitches. And under $400 you had a great deal.

I have a xt, it's a good truck and faster than the mt.
first thing you need is a remote kill switch. If you have a big place, a better radio with good range. If you are planning to run it hard and for extended periods of time, an aluminum transmission plate is a good idea. Make sure you get a good 2 cycle oil and mix it 25:1 I use castor 927 and hi octane gas. Use a resistor spark plug to minimize radio glitches. And under $400 you had a great deal.
Thanks for the reply, after watching some you tube I think I'll like the truck. I already have ethanol free fuel and castor 927 for my losi 5ive so set there as well as better servos and receivers to go with my current radio. I'm seeing that the gear plate is the main point of failure so I'll order the 7075 rc. Also I've heard the stock carbs suck. But I should have a spare 668 or 990 laying around. What's your experience with these?

Oh and a killer bee is a must I'll pick that up at my lhs

I'm anxious waiting for my super bee to be delivered, so I can start the spring season right.
And as the carb, the 990 is my next upgrade, thanks God never had any problems with the stock one. The upgrades I've made are the exhaust, air cleaner, servos, radio, lights, battery, battery meter, tachometer/hour counter and kill switch.
My next are carburetor, transmission plate and bearings.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks