Just moved to petrol (gas)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejordaney

Hi all i have bought my first 2 petrol cars and finding them much more fun and less hassle than my 2 nitros, i also love the 1/5 scale, looks great in field.

I bought myself a HPI Baja for £500 second hand with loads of parts i thought that was a good deal also bought a new ShengQi Hummer from Nitrotek as the main bashing truck, have a look at the body i have primered and sprayed it , i didnt like the camo body, also put some bling rims on lol,

anyone got any good tuning tips for my HPI?

Attachments

• after1.jpg
    after1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 24
  • after2.jpg
    after2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 30
will do, i must admit the baja cost twice as much as the Hummer but to be honest i seem to prefer the Shengqi, but time will tell i suppose i would imaging the Hpi not breaking as much. nice to meet you anyway mate

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I like your cars! The hummer looks cool with the wheels and the painted body.
Petrol cars a so much less finicky than nitros. Once you get one care you're hooked, when you get 2 you're addicted.. ;)

Chris

will do, i must admit the baja cost twice as much as the Hummer but to be honest i seem to prefer the Shengqi, but time will tell i suppose i would imaging the Hpi not breaking as much. nice to meet you anyway mate

and you bud, the hpi is a totaly beta buggy mate the build quality is 100% compared to sq :cool2:

Welcome to the forum Joe! I was tempted by the SQ as my 1st 5th scale but was talked into an FG by my mates. They do look good tho! What ever you drive you will have a good laugh on here & if things do come unstuck, apart from buying the spares for you, the lads will have you bashing again in no time :clown:

hey Super654.

Biggin Hill!! thats cool. I normally go to Norman Park, Sparrows Den but i am going to a new purpose built track in Pratts Bottom, near Orpington once my cars are properly tuned.

I live in West Wickham mate have you ever been to SPEC Racing in Shirley? Good store for all your parts.

Yes mate but found them only heplfull with electric cars...

I will PM you and we will have to hook up mate....Ducky is from Swanley and we normley go to Dartford Heath...

Shenqui for main bashing??

be carefull! shengqui's parts are not very strong you might find your self fixing it more than playing it. nice cars though.

From the vids Ive seen on youtube the hummers go very well when set up right. I quite like them & almost bought 1 after seeing these vids but opted for a used FG instead on advise of my mates! As you say Sperera its an interesting comparison & would be good to know.

hello and welcome, nice truck.

which one do you think goes harder? im guessing the hpi but ive never seen a hummer in person.

the HPI is defenitely the more bashable car between the two on a stock level. shengqi cars have been know for gear and suspension problems, although im not saying the HPI is unbreakable nor any well known brands! my first outing with my HPI 5B i broke the front arm due to an awkward landing and long after my rear suspension gave up. i never had gear problems though since i owned the car for a year. it also depends on your driving style because no matter how much you spend on your car to make it stong if you drive like a maniac then your bound to have broken parts. given that the shengqi hummer has loads of upgrades it will make a very good basher.

i sold the 5B because i just cant drive RWD properly especially on corners but it was a very nice car. i have the MCD Race Runner now and this car is just so easy to drive. corners and apex are just peanuts to me now! LOL!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks