Just wondering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Brewer

Has anyone ever heard of or maybe tried this truck?
Original HSP 94050 Off-Road 1/5 2.4Ghz 2CH 4WD RTR 32CC Gasoline Powered Monster Truck. Looks like a nice truck and fairly cheap.

Friend had one, kept busting diff's, gears, servos sucked, sold it, I don't know how and got himself a KM T1000. But it's your choice, if you get one, good luck to you.

Yes, terrible, a money pit, maybe for free... not even one nickel to spend on such a POS. Stay away from Rampages... terrible large scale RCs.

King Motor and Rovan is as much I would push the budget plan.

Sorry buddy, you are the exception to the rule.

I have personally talked to Redcat owners, three over IM in redcatrampage forums, all have said don't do it. There is some belt gearbox that if lucky will be sold old stock by some online seller. In youtube, have exchanged messages w owners, repairs all we do, but Redcat kills the fun of it.

More power to you, imho.

In RedCatrampage forum, don't dare to suggest or humbly recommend, or talk good about other brands, the owner will ban you. I had a minor difference w him and no warning, no questions asked my username was placed in the black list. To refrain from any discussion about clones in HPI and Losi forums is understandable, but not been able to talk about other brands at all, thats ridiculous.

Clones are better than the POS Redcats, sorry pal, thats what they are.

With the KM & Rovan cars, all you have to do is go over them very carefully and with attention to detail, fill the diff, check shocks and all metal to metal fasteners and your good to go, all plastics break, even on the brand name cars, so lets not hear that x brand or y brand is indestructable, cause if you believe that, well I got a bridge I can sell you. The Redcat you have to deal with the gear drive on the outside, diff's, plastic motor mount, diff case's, body's made out of glass, and other stuff just to get it running reliably, I admit that I like the monster truck look, but it's too much of a hassle from box to running it, yeah, you might be lucky and get a good one ,but do you really like to shoot craps? Oh and have fun looking for upgrades, they are usually out of stock, discontinued or you have to send out for them on another planet. I have a Baja clone, and I have hopped it up and i'm still under the cost of a "original" model, and the hopups were done because I wanted to not because they were needed. Get you a KM, Rovan, HPI or Losi and save yourself some grief and hassle's, but it's your money get what you like.

Last edited:
Sorry buddy, you are the exception to the rule.

I have personally talked to Redcat owners, three over IM in redcatrampage forums, all have said don't do it. There is some belt gearbox that if lucky will be sold old stock by some online seller. In youtube, have exchanged messages w owners, repairs all we do, but Redcat kills the fun of it.

More power to you, imho.

In RedCatrampage forum, don't dare to suggest or humbly recommend, or talk good about other brands, the owner will ban you. I had a minor difference w him and no warning, no questions asked my username was placed in the black list. To refrain from any discussion about clones in HPI and Losi forums is understandable, but not been able to talk about other brands at all, thats ridiculous.

Clones are better than the POS Redcats, sorry pal, thats what they are.

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
Parts are available anywhere under the HSP brand.
I have the Dunerunner and apart from the pipe and a belt drive it's stock.
The belt drive is a must have in my opinion.
Dunno why Rob banned you cause there's lots of talk of other brands on the forum.

Hay Rob, only thing Im am doing is trying to determine the best 1/5 scale for me. Im not putting anyone down or on the spot or anything. Just trying to get info. Sorry if I am stepping on someones heels.

Hay Rob, only thing Im am doing is trying to determine the best 1/5 scale for me. Im not putting anyone down or on the spot or anything. Just trying to get info. Sorry if I am stepping on someones heels.

Did you pull the trigger on a 5th scale yet? If so, what did youy end up getting?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks