Keep rounding off wheel squares???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobermory

hi all,
only recently my Shengqi (TQ) hummer seems to keep rounding off the square on the inside of the wheel.it did the same to the original rear wheel, so i swapped the front and rear wheels around, it seemed to be a good solution instead of buying new wheels. unfortunately it did the same to that wheel as well!!!! i am thinking of selling the car but nobody is going to buy it if it doesn't drive.

so i was wondering if there i any quick solution instead of buying new wheels to fix it until i can get rid of the darn thing

thanks
Toby:D:D

thats a bit low [note to self avoid any cheap shengqi/tq's on ebay] i would be honest and try and solve the problem if poss maybe have a look for some fg wheels may involve spending a few quid but id shove marder wheels on

thats a bit low [note to self avoid any cheap shengqi/tq's on ebay] i would be honest and try and solve the problem if poss maybe have a look for some fg wheels may involve spending a few quid but id shove marder wheels on

yeah that's what i thought when i rounded the first one off but the fg wheels are prety pricey. i think i heard somewhere that xrc wheels fit and are abit more durable. but i cant find anywhere that sells them or has them in stock. if anyone had a link that would be really helpful.does anyone know any othere wheels that fit that would be a decent cheep choice???

thanks
Toby:)

Agree with the above - bang FG wheels on. They have the reinforcing ring round the square & keep everything nice & tight. Put a post in the wanted section on here ;)

I like the look of the shengqi hummer & almost bought 1 new before I got the used marder. Are there other problems that make you want to sell or do you just fancy a change?

Agree with the above - bang FG wheels on. They have the reinforcing ring round the square & keep everything nice & tight. Put a post in the wanted section on here ;)

I like the look of the shengqi hummer & almost bought 1 new before I got the used marder. Are there other problems that make you want to sell or do you just fancy a change?

no I haven't had many other problems with it, apart from the usual broken wishbone and steering knuckle. oh i also kinda smashed up half of the rear end of it in the snow from hitting a HUGE clump of frozen grass. It looked allot worse than it acually was, i think the rear lower wishbone the suspension top, the upper wishbone and the dogbone were broken.

but yeah its just i kind off want someting a bit more durable because at the moment i seem to be either tearing the tire of the rim or having tuning issues. i think i have got the tuning just right now as it seems to start up in about three pulls with the choke and then two without it on.

are the fg marders and hpi bajas ALOT more durable than the clones or is it just some people disagree with people buying the clones???

Thanks
Toby:D:D

If you are rough with it I would go with FG. Excellent quality on the plastics & simple to work on & maintain. The marder is probably the best VFM 5th in my opinion. If you get fed up with the marder, stick a beetle shell on it or turn it into a MT :cool2:

i was looking at the shengqi hummer when i first wanted a 5th scale but got told to avoid by a mate that had one he told me the parts quality wasn't up to the job so i went for the fg marder and im glad i did as dwarfy says there about the best for youre money and are very robust mine is now all alloy and carbon fibre and takes all i give it and has been changed to the beetle which i think is about the best looking shell outthere and its like a cat now allways lands on its wheels

Hi all,
WOW im quite amazed with how many replies i have got on this thread and i am very appreciative for all the advice i have been given!!!! i think that i will eithir bang on some fg marder or monster wheels and then sell it on. how much do you think that i would get for it considering i have a few upgrades on it such as:
a hitec hs5745 steering servo, duratrax firehammer side guards,a few front and rear upper and lower wishbones and a custom made rear diff guard out of 1.5mm alluminium and possibly either fg monster or marder wheels
It has only been run at most for about 5-6 tanks of fuel also.
thanks
Toby:D:D:D

youve got this car if you sell what are you thinking of getting next a fg if so why not kepp it and uprade to fg parts as and when they break after all its a clone of the fg anyway so id keep it fix it and enjoy it

youve got this car if you sell what are you thinking of getting next a fg if so why not kepp it and uprade to fg parts as and when they break after all its a clone of the fg anyway so id keep it fix it and enjoy it

yeah i suppose, its just the fact that if something breaks theres always that slight thaught in the back of your mind that the part you order wont fit

i spent a long time looking into getting a shengqi and im 100% sure there 99% the same only difference is the splines on the diff cups so if you got a fg diff with diff cups then the rest is all fg compatable and fg alloy isnt to bad if you look on ebay my whole car is secondhand and built from ebay bits here and there over 2 years to get it how it is now

i spent a long time looking into getting a shengqi and im 100% sure there 99% the same only difference is the splines on the diff cups so if you got a fg diff with diff cups then the rest is all fg compatable and fg alloy isnt to bad if you look on ebay my whole car is secondhand and built from ebay bits here and there over 2 years to get it how it is now

thanks for the info Renbar. il decide what im going to do over the next few days hopefully.
thanks
Toby

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks