Keep rounding off wheel squares???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was looking at the shengqi hummer when i first wanted a 5th scale but got told to avoid by a mate that had one he told me the parts quality wasn't up to the job so i went for the fg marder and im glad i did as dwarfy says there about the best for youre money and are very robust mine is now all alloy and carbon fibre and takes all i give it and has been changed to the beetle which i think is about the best looking shell outthere and its like a cat now allways lands on its wheels

Cats with wheels - are they inbred cats :lol::lol::lol::lol:

youve got this car if you sell what are you thinking of getting next a fg if so why not kepp it and uprade to fg parts as and when they break after all its a clone of the fg anyway so id keep it fix it and enjoy it

Good thinking Ren. There are always loads of FG parts on ebay - at the moment there are a few full front & back ends in std plastic for next to no money.

make sure you tighten up the square properly!my mate has a xtm grizzly which seems to be like the hummer you have,its lighter then the fg monster truck due to materials,less suspension and wheels/tires etc,its 27cc, rated at 3.25hp,he has had 4/5 tanks through it and its starting to really loosen up and bring the car alive!performance wise i rate it,a good car!all he needs is a good exhaust whish is next on his shopping list and a few fg parts.keep it like the lads say mate,noyhing wrong with them!

The 3 most common causes for this fault are, wheel nuts coming loose, bearings f*cked and getting hot or the wheelsquare comes loose and gets hot when it spins on the shaft (most people would notice before it does much damage though.)

p.s I've got 5hit loads of off road wheels to suit your needs when I eventually sort them out because they don't fit my new car.

The 3 most common causes for this fault are, wheel nuts coming loose, bearings f*cked and getting hot or the wheelsquare comes loose and gets hot when it spins on the shaft (most people would notice before it does much damage though.)

p.s I've got 5hit loads of off road wheels to suit your needs when I eventually sort them out because they don't fit my new car.

Hi mike,
a few people have said that a common cause is that the wheel nuts come loose and strip the wheel. i have noticed that after every run or even sometimes halfway through the tank, the wheel nut would come loose and i would have to tighten it back up again. is there any possible reason for this as i have tried: getting new lock nuts, these worked for about two runs.
then i tried locktighting the wheel nuts and that didn't really do much at all.

another thing i have noticed is that i have noticed is when the car is going over mildly bumpy ground it makes a clicking noise as it goes over the bumps.at first i thought it was the suspension but when you drop the car from a small height it doesn't do this. i just wondering if there is anyone that has come across the same problem and has found a solution.
thanks
Toby:D

oh yea i was supposed to put this up in the last post but anyway.
just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with these wheels:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-6-RC-Tires-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ba028716

It says they have the reinforced square but im not quite shure they are fg wheels as they are in china.
they seem prety good for the price anyway and i have always liked the stadium wheels. any advice on these wheels would be much appreciated.
Ps will the stadium truck body fit my Shengqi truck??
Thanks

Last edited:
Oh God,
im really confused now,i have been reading quite alot about the stadium truck wheels and tires and have read that the stadium truck tires are not very good for the grass and gravel.this is quite a problem as i will be mainly be using my truck in my garden or in the quarry up the road from my house.i have come across some alternative wheels and tires: http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cg...num=y0456&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--wheels
they are quite expensive though and i am on quite a low budget (im only 14 and don't have a job) i am just wondering if there are any similar wheels and tyres availabe but for a cheaper price. any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Oh God,
im really confused now,i have been reading quite alot about the stadium truck wheels and tires and have read that the stadium truck tires are not very good for the grass and gravel.this is quite a problem as i will be mainly be using my truck in my garden or in the quarry up the road from my house.i have come across some alternative wheels and tires: http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cg...num=y0456&file=&gesamt_zeilen=0Tsuche--wheels
they are quite expensive though and i am on quite a low budget (im only 14 and don't have a job) i am just wondering if there are any similar wheels and tyres availabe but for a cheaper price. any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

If a thing looks good.... great

If it works well then even better. Looking good isn't always best mate. Take my advice, learn to drive and maintain what you have first and properly and then think about option parts.

They are a big help for sure but you'll need the older type alloy one to use as a pilot to get the holes in the right place but don't drill right through the rime as it will weaken it.

Hi all,
decided to splash out abit lol and buy myself some new wheels,shocks, petrol tank and shock socks. i think i got a good deal on the fg wheels. they are fg baja wheels that are brand new and i got them for i think it was about 90 pounds.the shocks are fg marder full alloy shocks also genuine fg parts, and i managed to get them on bid for 38 pounds.
they haven't arived yet but the sellers both had 100% posotive feedback so im well excited:D:D:D
Toby

Been a while since the last post on this but i found the same problem with my XRC and worked out its the square hub that loosened!! I put some lock tight on the 2 grub screws and it holds nice without stripping my wheels.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks