Kill Switch Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokeman

I have installed a @Killer RC super bee on my new Losi DBXL but it doesn't work with the dx2e and sr310. Kent has been good trying to help but it looks like I may need a new Tx and Rx to use the switch. Something about new firmware in the Rx. Anyone else had an issue with this?

Thanks,
Brian

Yes friend of mine had the same problem his would work 8 out of 10 times he shut it off
The problem is the receiver
The AVC messes it up
Change the receiver to one with out it and it will work just fine it is about $40 to get the one to fix it
Sorry I don't remember the number of it
Also if it's a black transmitter it will work with any three Chanel receiver
But the gray receivers won't work with the black transmitter
Thanks spectrum it's all about the money

I have installed a killer RC super bee on my new Dbxl but it doesn't work with the dx2e and sr310. Kent has been good trying to help but it looks like I may need a new Tx and Rx to use the switch. Something about new firmware in the Rx. Anyone else had an issue with this?

Thanks,
Brian

Why should you have to buy a new RX I would send it back and get my money back he knows there is a problem. Ed

I had that problem with AVC and the killerbee kill switch in my losi 5. It can be disabled on binding but i just swapped out the sr4210 with a sr410 instead. I didn't know the SR310 had AVC.
Another option for you is to buy the flysky GT3B. For $35.00 you get a 3 channel radio and a 3 channel reciever. Its a decent radio and extra recievers are inexpensive. I know it will work in your dbxl with the superbee kill switch because I have it in my dbxl.....no problems at all.
You don't know what the issue is with your current setup....tx, rx, or kill switch. For 35 bucks (which also happens to be the cost for 1 new spektrum reciever) you eliminate 2 out of the 3 possible causes, rx and tx. You're gonna want at least a 3 channel anyway. You'll have the ability to kill your motor on the fly if needed. I don't think you have that option with the 2 channel radios and the superbee. A 3 or 4 channel Spektrum radio is gonna cost you way more than 35 bucks. If you wanna get running with a kill switch that flysky may be the way for you to go.

I am by no means an expert with this. If any info I provided is wrong I hope someone corrects me. I'm also not knocking Spektrum radios and recievers. I have them in my 5ive.

Hope this info helps.

The kill switch of coarse. They did not say you had to have a special Rx to work it.

Interesting conclusion to this. I'll post what I found in case others run into this. I had picked up a FlySky Tx and Rx and hooked up the Rx this morning. I bound the Tx and set everything up then tried the kill switch....nothing. That's when I realized I had the dip switch in the 2 channel position so i moved it to the 3 channel position and it worked perfect.

Then I wondered about the Spektrum DX2E and the SR310, so I reinstalled the SR310, hooked the kill switch to AUX1, and pressed the bind button. The kill switch works perfectly.

So I found out it did not work with the Spektrum stock combo using the 2 channel instructions and the y-adapter, but it works fine if you use the 3 channel instructions and use the bind button to kill the engine. I did start and run the DBXL to confirm proper operation, rather than just trusting what the LED flashes on the super bee were telling me.

Good to hear you have it all sorted out. Well, at least you have a decent extra radio and reciever if you need one or aquire more cars.

Interesting conclusion to this. I'll post what I found in case others run into this. I had picked up a FlySky Tx and Rx and hooked up the Rx this morning. I bound the Tx and set everything up then tried the kill switch....nothing. That's when I realized I had the dip switch in the 2 channel position so i moved it to the 3 channel position and it worked perfect.

Then I wondered about the Spektrum DX2E and the SR310, so I reinstalled the SR310, hooked the kill switch to AUX1, and pressed the bind button. The kill switch works perfectly.

So I found out it did not work with the Spektrum stock combo using the 2 channel instructions and the y-adapter, but it works fine if you use the 3 channel instructions and use the bind button to kill the engine. I did start and run the DBXL to confirm proper operation, rather than just trusting what the LED flashes on the super bee were telling me.

Thanks for this info about the Bind button, this is exactly the same problem I was experiencing and now I can kill the engine remotely. However when I power off the Dx2e radio, the engine still runs. Did you fix this with the stock setup? Thanks

Thanks for this info about the Bind button, this is exactly the same problem I was experiencing and now I can kill the engine remotely. However when I power off the Dx2e radio, the engine still runs. Did you fix this with the stock setup? Thanks

No....it won't kill powering off the tx....only with the bind button.

No....it won't kill powering off the tx....only with the bind button.

Ok thanks, glad it's not just me. Killer RC support have run out of ideas. However, I have seen someone on YouTube who has managed it. I feel a bit more comfortable now I can kill via the Bind button; thanks again!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks