Kill switch or no kill switch for Losi DBXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBXLGUY

Is it really necessary to install a kill switch on the DBXL? If so I was planning on getting the killer bee. Do I need the LED upgrade?
Thanks.

I'm not aware of any kits providing a remote kill switch as standard.
DEFINITELY get a kill switch if you're going to be 'playing'/bashing with it in a public place.

It's big, heavy and fast, and if you lose control could do a lot of damage.
A kill switch is no guarantee, but could save you a lot of money and ... pain / embarrassment!
Al.

KillerRC.com? Be sure to read the automated emails that you should have received. There is links to info and pics about installation and radio setup.

One reason is the radios that come with et rigs are not the top of the line and I am not willing to trust my own rig to just a radio, the Killer RC kill switch knows if something is wrong before the radio does and shuts her down the fail safe will hopefully return the throttle servo to home and do whatever you set the steering to do, what happens when a small rock gets stuck in your linkage at speed, your fail safe don't know that, I just turn off my radio and the truck shuts down. Don't really know how to explain it any better. You spend a grand on a buggy what's another 60 for a piece of mind, by the question you haven't had a large scale gasser go off on you have you? You can always pray before you go bashing, say some hail Mary's, lol just get one

What's the dif between having a kill switch vs the radios fail safe?

Basically, for a regular failsafe to work properly you need battery power, on/off switch, servo, receiver, linkage to all be working perfectly. If any one of those malfunctions or a wire gets cut or comes unplugged then you have a runaway. Servos fry, and theres no predicting it, and when it happens you've got a runaway on your hands, usually. A Super Bee kill switch will stop the engine automatically during a radio glitch, battery power loss, or when you press the Aux button on the radio.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks