Killer bee kill switch....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtx_f

I recently bought the MT V3 :D and installed a CPI tuned pipe and swapped the electronics. Now to the kill switch, I got the killer bee but i'm not sure how I can make this fit in the receiver/battery box. There in no room! Does anyone have a solution for this issue. I've been online trying to find an additional box the right size that I can add along side the factory one and haven't had any luck...: I appreciate any help!

You could buy a Life battery,they are a bit smaller tghen the hump packs and you can get a decent one for about $20,they last l;onger then the hump packs and will give you more room.

Go to radioshack ,get a plastic project box(3x2x1)catalog #270-1801. Doublesided tape it to the stock radio box and put your kill switch in there. Done my neutech that way.You will have to drill a small hole in your radio boxes to pass the wire that goes to the reciever.

Last edited:
Visit their website and it will tell you what receivers they are compatible w, which will give you an idea on radios. Be for-warned, the choices of radios are fairly dated. Killer Bee has done a poor job of updating their technology to work w newer transmitters.

What radio do I need to use a Killer Bee kill switch. I have the MT and DR. For just playing. Thanks

It will work with almost any radio. This is from their website.
  • The Super Bee is 4 kill switch versions in one. No need for multiple versions for different radios. Just flip the dip switches to change how the Super Bee functions. The Super Bee works with most 2, 3, 4+ channel AM,FM, 2.4ghz radios
  • Compatible with 4 to 9v rx battery (2S LiPo compatible)
  • Adjustable low battery voltage cutoff: Choose from 3, 4, 5, 6v cutoff (great for LiFe or LiPo packs)
https://www.killerrc.com/collections/kill-switches/products/super-bee-kill-switch-car-kit

Define “work”.

If you want it to just work like a failsafe and return your controls to neutral then yes, it works w most Rxs.

If you want it to shut off your motor, as it is advertised, then no it does not work w all Rxs.

I was able to place the board inside of my battery/receiver tray. As for the plastic, I believe it is to be left on, at least I did.

I fit mine also in the battery box with DDM 7000mah 2s and my futaba rec it was very snug.

Plastic cover does stay on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks