killer cables

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is definately worthwhile on all offroad cars.

But more so on HPI & clones since the shock ends are moulded on the shaft....not threaded.

For threaded shafts you have to get Phatdad shafts...which are about the same price as complete HPI shocks.

Oops! Was that when he was having the teething problems with the HPI?

Yeah, believe it or not I did feel for him(not like me)He spent a poop load on new servos and bits and bobs but still had trouble.Its sorted now and goes like a scalded cat...really quick to say the least!
He still drives like a tart though:clown::clown::clown:
J.

They're basiclly an old charging wire stripped about an inch down either side, bent over and looped together, then soldered, don't forget to put the heat-shrink on first though.

They are not eyelets just a couple of washers.

Not sure how/if they will hold up but its worth 1/2 hour to find out, if not i'll prob get the Killer ones. :cool2:

The quickest way to test to see if they are strong enough is to attach one end to a solid object, and the other to a 25 pound weight. Now drop the weight. That is not necessarily even as much shock load as these puppies have to take if you land your car upside down on one wheel, but I bet solder is not going to be strong enough. The Killer Kables don't even use electrical connectors, but ones more than twice as thick.

Always worth trying the cheap way first though.. that is my normal plan...

I have been using the Killer kables on my 5t and beat the hell out of it.
I don't know if I am just lucky but I have never had a problem with my shocks breaking or leaking.
The shocks are about the only thing I haven't broken.

Bill

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks