Killer RC in line fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDizzle

Isaiah 41:10
PLUS member
Build Thread Contributor
Grabbed a Killer RC inline fuse for the Raminator. Figure running 7 total servos on 2s lipo probably be a good idea. I know it goes inline between the battery and the switch, is there a preference as to how close to either one it should go? Also it has a 15amp fuse stock..is that a good rating for the set up I will running it in?

Thanks guys!

Thanks Port! I have it here...just want to make sure I install it properly. Does it matter if its closer to the switch or the battery side on the wires in between the two? My thought process says no, but just want to make sure.

I’ve never ran an in-line fuse so not sure
15 amp might not be enough if all the servos are drawing, especially 5 of those big buggers
I put a cheap voltage meter on mine it has the leds that go from green to red and when working all the servos I can make it light up the yellow leds and sometimes the red ones
Mind you I’m only using the stock battery but I also am not running rear steering either
It’s amazing how much draw there is on the system, once you install the fuse I would work all the servos with the truck not running to make sure the fuse holds up
Maybe get one of those cheap voltage meters too. The one I have had a setting for lipo batteries
You might get a better idea on how much power your system draws

Rick, my thoughts when i installed mine was closer to battery the better. Just like a house breaker panel, then all wiring & components downstream are protected. Just my thinking. 🤔

Thanks guys. Sounds good @Bizzer ,I'll go close to the battery. @deathrawt , yeah I have 5 big ol' Primal PM1373 high voltage servos, and 2 Savox SB-2274SG in the rig. At any point up to 6 servos could be pulling at once, all 4 steering, brake and throttle lol. I have a lipo voltage reader on the truck, but obviously I wont be able to see amp draw. I may need to test it to your point and see the amp draw utilizing the servos such first before I install it. You would think it cant be too crazy, as I was under the impression that Futaba Receivers are rated at 8 amps continual with 10amp peak. So in "theory" if a servo locked and started pulling like crazy, 15amps should pop and save it all. 🤷‍♂️

I just opened up the package with it, kinda flimsy for what it is. I think I am gonna make my own with an enclosed fuse holder with Deans on both ends and thicker wire to match the 18 gauge on the Raminator. I would like to be able to cleanly mount it vs have it flop around, have it enclosed to prevent dust, dirt and debris from getting in it as well. Here is a pic of the unit I got from Killer RC, nice but not what I want to run.
20220105_160153.jpg

I'll post a pic of what I make in the coming week. 🏆🏆

I'll admit too it's a very simple cheap design. This cheap enclosed atc fuse holder is a much better design and sports heavier guage wire, just add your connectors

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-073146_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220106-073146_Chrome.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 3
Got my new inline fuse made up today. Its a nice rubber hosing with a sealing cap. 18 gauge wire, 15 amp fuse. I kept it 12 inches total length. 5.5" on each side with the fuse block about an inch. I soldered on some Deans, added the ground wire, covered everything in wire loom and heat shrinked it up. I am pleased with how it came out.
20220111_141815.jpg

Think it looks nice installed. No V3 with a sealed reciever box, but making what I have look as clean as possible running the voltage reader/alarm for my Lipo and the new inline fuse. 🏁🏁
20220111_143027.jpg
Ran the truck for 35 minutes using rear steer and everything...15amp is absolutely holding up perfect! So I am gonna keep it at 15amp for now. Let me know what you fellas think!

The fuse is only on the positive side. The black negative wire runs underneath the fuse link and allows me to connect the whole thing between my battery and the switch.
See here you see the negative passing under the positive which is the inline for the fuse.
Screenshot_20220111-201559_Gallery.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks