Killer RC switch problems...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Macdonald

I posted this in the @Killer RC vendor area but seems no activity there since 2015... so putting it here too:

I have two killer rc kill switches that were bought from DDM in the past couple months.

I'm trying to get it working on my Losi 5T but it never cuts the motor, ever. Even when the receiver is totally off I can start the motor. Only when I press the red button does the motor stop.

My other switch was working on my Baja clone, but that truck is now disassembled and the switch removed. I tried both switch/cable assemblies on the Losi with the same result: the motor always starts and runs regardless of whether there is a green light, red light or no light.

I tried the switch installed on the motor -- connected to the ignition lugs. I also tried using a meter to see what's happening. Either way, it only closes the circuit across the ignition lugs when the red switch is pressed.

This can't be right! Are the cables/switches bad, or am I just doing something totally wrong?

OK so I found the problem. The red ignition wire that is soldered to the Killer RC board had come off somehow.

One thing I learned in all this: check your kill switch before every run!

If leads come loose like mine did (or the spade lug connections to the ignition coil) you will not know it and the motor will not stop! The Killer RC switch is a must, but even that isn't 100% guaranteed to work. It would be great if any connectivity fault like that shut off the motor, but that might not be technically feasible.

Capture.PNG

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks