Killswitch w/lights on a Futaba 3PK??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellofnitro

Here is my question....I will be using the 3rd channel on the rx for my killswitch. it is not a Killer Rc switch. Can I connect with a Y harness on the 3rd channel the killswitch and lights? Also if I did connect both, the aux button on the Tx will kill the engine and turn on the lights? Or do i just go with a seperate powered light system (9v battery power)? Thanks for your help.

I would imagine with a Y harness in the aux port it would kill the engine and turn on the lights. You could run a Y harness from your Rx battery to your lights and use a switch, or just use a seperate 9 volt.

I am not sure if it is not @Killer RC, but with the Killer Kill Switch you use your Y harness on your second channel with your steering servo and you plug your lights in the RX third channel. You may try that to see if it will work like the Killer Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if it is not @Killer RC, but with the Killer Kill Switch you use your Y harness on your second channel with your steering servo and you plug your lights in the RX third channel. You may try that to see if it will work like the Killer Switch.
How do you kill you engine? Do you turn off the transmitter? Also when your steering, will it affect the kill switch?

You need a light controller to remotely turn the lights on and off. If you plug your LED lights into the Aux channel the lights will just be On all the time, no matter what you do on the transmitter, or splitter cables.

You need a light controller to remotely turn on and off lights.

Last edited:
How do you kill you engine? Do you turn off the transmitter? Also when your steering, will it affect the kill switch?

With the Super Bee you can kill the engine by turning off the transmitter power, or you can kill the engine by just pressing the Aux button on your transmitter, and you'll still retain control of your steering and brakes.

Yea I did forget the detail of the light controller, it is plugged into the third channel, and the lights are then plugged into the light controller. With the splitter plugged into the the second channel and the steering servo plugged into one side of the Y and the Kill switch into the other side of the Y, the steering servo is not affected while running. To kill the engine I just turn the transmitter off.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks