King motor ksrc-002

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanfire

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and a new baja owner and I'm having problems from the word go! :(

I've just bought a ksrc-002tx and have followed the advice of the manual but I can't for the life of me get it to start. Since buying it ive only bought some oil and fuel but can't get it to fire, It looks like fuel is getting through the carb and I've checked I'm getting a spark and I'm running out of ideas any help would be great.

Thanks in advance guys,
Daz

Last edited:
pull plug put plug in plug wire and ground base of plug on metal on engine pull the rope look for spark. if no spark possibly the magneto needs adjusting. it may have been knocked around and closed the gap on you, gap should be a business card thickness from flywheel

what is the temp where you are? Here is how I start my baja.
push primer bulb till its full
turn the choke on
pull the motor over till you hear a pop like it wants to start
turn the choke off and pull it over, starts after a couple pulls.

if you flooded the motor you will need to remove the plug, and pull the motor over several times to clear the extra fuel, dry the plug or better yet use a new plug and try the start sequence again.

Thanks for the advice guys, after a lot of head scratching, found the idle screw was set way too low!!.. Slight adjustment and bang she fired into life!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks