King Motor T1000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would forgo it. you only save a hundred or two hundred opposed to buying the Authentic HPI. and its been said time after time after time by real members that have baught, owned and actually used the clones that they are inferior. don't fall for the lines from those various forum members that sell them and make money, and say they are as good as HPI in every bit of the way, and even better because they are cheaper. don't FALL FOR IT. in the RC Hobby, just like the audio and electronics world, You Get what You Pay for.

the clone owners have said by the time your done getting it just to the quality of the HPI, you have already spent more money than you would have spentm if you buy the HPI from the beginning.

not trying to knock on your choice, but in the long run you WILL apprecaite the HPI more due to the better quality it has.

here in that states, other than ebay, i don't think you can get them except from someone that is selling out of their garage.

Last edited:
yeah, and i found the Baja 5T for 999 so i might just grab that (it is from a reputable dealer thoough so don't wory). haha i had this same problem when buying a lens for my camera because some dealers sold the lens for super cheap but without the manual, or the waranty. so i im planning on getting a REAL 5T now. thanks for the advice though.

np. just try to help folks make well educated decisions. cant force anyone how to spend their hard earned, but i can atleast try. lol

Good Choice if you ask me. heh

DanLC4 on here is a dealer and he is a great guy. i can tell u from seeing these in person, they are very good quality and we compared them side by side and out in the field with hpi ,i can tell u the quality is there. i was never one much for clones but the km clones are the closest to the real thing ur gonna get. the engine is the downfall, not that it doesn't run well, but when u want to upgrade it has to go... a cy or zen engine in the km will have u set to go. the new t clone has alloy upgrades and vvc shocks along with an alloy diff. its been said that some km parts were actually purchased from hpi.

Well I'm not in a position to knock a clone because I don't own one but there is a KM Baja on the market with all the alloy upgrades you will ever need and its only£500! Compare that with the same Buggy in HPI format and you'll probably pay four times that.
I have been speaking to various members on the forum and say the clones are in every way as robust and reliable as a HPI.
Just my opinion.
J.

yea its ok people saying buy an original hpi, but i think there way over priced, and if your on a budget well the km is a very good choice, i myself run a sq baja and i.am very happy with it, but come summer think i,ll treat myself to a km baja 2.0, at £500 you just can,t go wrong.

i would not bother with a clone i was looking at these but so glad i never got one your better off getting a secondhand hpi than a new clone one of my freinds brought a clone baja and was just guttted when he saw our fgs and mcds going plus his engine has now gone only had about 4 tanks you get what you pay for might seem ceap at the time but once youve got it working like hpi one youll have spent enough to buy hpi one im so glad i avoided them i was looking at the shenqi hummer wagon told me to avoid them and get a fg haven't looked back since

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks