King Motor won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ticker

My mates King Motor Baja clone was running sweet and then he found it wouldn't start unless he used the choke, even when warm. It just starts with the choke and then dies. Now it won't start at all. It has a good spark and petrol is getting to the plug, it's also going into the air filter a little. any idea's? All the inlet and carb gaskets look ok.:rolleyes:

i agree with air leak or problem with petrol ,not enough reaching the engine...the carb does not pump gas well...if it starts with choke and then dies with some higher rpm's it means that it leans from petrol in the chamber...choke just simply provides richer petrol in the chamber and helps the carb to pump .

Thanks guys, I agree, I found out that he got the car out of the box and just goes full bore from the word go, no warm up, NO breaking in the engine, then wants someone to fix it free of charge. He's got a lot to learn and I don't have the time to do it.

Don't forget, these are 'modified strimmer engines'.
They can take a lot of stick, and many actually drive like that.

I have had a couple of new engines and have run a little more carefully, with richer settings - halfway to nitro - before going 'lean and mean' and maxxing.

I agree with the other comment - may simply be a blockage as well, or instead.
Going by the blast from new/cold, it may imply that no screws were check either .... any loose bolts?
Al.

Don't forget, these are 'modified strimmer engines'.
They can take a lot of stick, and many actually drive like that.

I have had a couple of new engines and have run a little more carefully, with richer settings - halfway to nitro - before going 'lean and mean' and maxxing.

I agree with the other comment - may simply be a blockage as well, or instead.
Going by the blast from new/cold, it may imply that no screws were check either .... any loose bolts?
Al.

Nothing loose that I saw when I looked. He doesn't want to buy new gaskets unless he needs them LOL. He can get somebody else to play with it, I need to strip mine down and clean it properly. Cheers for the tips though Al.:lol:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks