King Motors 2.0 Aluminim 30.5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcunha81

i'm having a really annoying problem, the 2 allen screws are loosening that connect the exhaust to the motor,has any one else had these problems, i used it yesterday and i lost one of them.I was thinking of using lock tite ,but because of the heat ,i'm thinking it wouldn't work, I thinking i'm gonna have to tighten them after ever tank,which is rediculas, andyidea feel free to contact me.

mike

Never had problems like that. I just turn them tight and watch not to damage the threads. Sometime I used lock washers but even those are not necessary.

The most reliable option would be to use studs, washers and nut if there's enough space to tighten the nuts.

My wifes car.
zexhaustwire003.jpg

My old car
zexhaustwire006.jpg

I drill a hole in the head of the screw and use a wire paper clip to wire them together.

After I ruined a couple of engines from the exhaust coming loose I decided to do this and have not had an issue since.

Cheap & easy...... just the way I like it!

thanks very much, i'm debating on changing to the exhaust i ordered or just using
the old exhaust with the new exhaust hard ware.? any suggestions?
i believe i have stock Thor exhaust and i ordered the Ghost (ss) exhaust.
thanks for all the responses, i appreciate it.

mike

My old car
zexhaustwire006.jpg

I drill a hole in the head of the screw and use a wire paper clip to wire them together.

After I ruined a couple of engines from the exhaust coming loose I decided to do this and have not had an issue since.

Cheap & easy...... just the way I like it![/QUOTE]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks