KM 001 steering issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jray2955

Hi Guys brought a second hand KM001 as a cheap way into 1/5th and am loving it, the issue I have at the moment is what appears to be a bent Y piece as the 2 pins that hold the steering posts on keep popping out.
Whats considered a good replacement?
I've seen the Carbon Fibre Bone heads one but wasn't sure as to what people consider the best.
Also I'm debating changing the steering servo and perhaps changing the steering set up as the plastic one feels cheap.
I've been looking at either an alloy steering set up or doing a conversion to the push pull system like this:
https://www.rcmodelz.co.uk/upgrades...luminum-sym-steer-push-pull-steering-kit.html

What is your guys opinion?
Thanks

bonehead parts are spot on mate, you have options though, fit a stock rovan/km/hpi y plate, get a turtle racing one, taylor rc does there own now i think as well,
but you need to check your main chassis as well, see if its bent where the kick up is at the front, if the y plates bent then usually the main chassis is bent as well, unless previous owner replaced the main chassis but not the y plate,

bonehead parts are spot on mate, you have options though, fit a stock rovan/km/hpi y plate, get a turtle racing one, taylor rc does there own now i think as well,
but you need to check your main chassis as well, see if its bent where the kick up is at the front, if the y plates bent then usually the main chassis is bent as well, unless previous owner replaced the main chassis but not the y plate,
In terms of price vs strength which one would you go for?
OK is there any standard level of measurement so I can see if its bent or not?
In terms of steering is the push pull conversion worth it?

The top y plate you can take it off. It should be perfectly flat.

I have a feeling it might be the steering post supports? Or the main chassis is bent.

I run either Taylor parts or turtle racing
My Y piece slopes down to the front where the 2 counter sunk screws are is that normal?

+1 double thickness y brace. i went chinese for $15. is the servo saver you have adjustable? that's really all you need, if you want you can tighten it. i don't think the push/pull makes much diff. i had problems with a losi truck aftermarket servo saver/bebllcrrank system. the aluminum galled, i went back to regular plastic.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks