KM 2.0 EX ordered. What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monster1-4

Hi everyone! Been here for awhile now and just about to get my first 1/5th scale delivered today.

I went for the KM baja 2.0 EX from Dan. My other choice was the HPI Baja 5B SS because I love putting together a kit, I already own a spectrum DX2 radio and of course because of all the hop-ups that comes with it. I was and still am worried about the KM quality, but in the end I picked it for the following reasons:

1- The engine on either buggy will be replaced. So no need for the fuelie 26cc
2- RPM arms are going to replace the stock ones (so the quality on the stock KM ones doesn't really matter).
3- I will be tearing down the all buggy to make sure it is well put together. So I will not be missing the fun of putting together a SS kit.
4- the current version are said to be better and an improvement over the previous generation.

Why the 2.0 EX version? Surely not because of the alloy arms. But for the rest of the alloy parts.

This is my first 1/5th scale AND I will rally appreciate your help.

1- What to look for? What do I need to know?
2- what to upgrade/fix while I'm working on it?
3- is the KM engine worth keeping?
4- is my logic wrong?
4-any suggestion?

Any input will be much appreciated!

1: What to look for? What do I need to know?
Get a killerRC superbee kill switch, not worth spending loads on a buggy then have it all destroyed by not having 1 fitted..

2: what to upgrade/fix while I'm working on it?
the pull starts aren't the best, get some from todays DDM deal of the day..check diff has oil in it..Phatdad engine braces and fancover brace are a good upgrade, IRC front chassis kick up brace, Uber bumpers.....loads you could upgrade...

3: is the KM engine worth keeping?
It should be ok as a spare, you never know when you might just need it..

4: is my logic wrong?
nothing wrong with swapping things over straightaway for the right parts..

5: any suggestion?
Do some of the cheap mods like engine mesh, swap the spring over on the brake for a piece of fuel tube, get some outterwares on the filter at least, take the wheel foams off and Gaffa tape them then re-fit..

Mainly though just enjoy....

I'd say get the killer bee, check all the fluids (especially in the diff) and just enjoy it. Replaces parts as your break them.

Looks very nice, agree use the motor in it for now and pos get yourself a 4bolt ready to drop in if funds allow, i'd get a killer superbee asap and a uber rear bumper as i split 2 km heads with impacts at the rear, the pipe is 1 piece and it has no give so any impact there will transfer to the head...

Looks very nice, agree use the motor in it for now and pos get yourself a 4bolt ready to drop in if funds allow, i'd get a killer superbee asap and a uber rear bumper as i split 2 km heads with impacts at the rear, the pipe is 1 piece and it has no give so any impact there will transfer to the head...

Thank you all for your inputs! I really appreciate them! Killer bee is definitely on my list. The reasons why I want to get another engine are:

1- I want to have a spare engine in case something happens and I want to rely 100% on the mounted engine.
2- I want to take this one apart to make sure everything is ok.

After your inputs, I'm incline to just run it and see. But let's say you we're to get an engine, which one would you get?

Thanks again!

Thank you all for your inputs! I really appreciate them! Killer bee is definitely on my list. The reasons why I want to get another engine are:

1- I want to have a spare engine in case something happens and I want to rely 100% on the mounted engine.
2- I want to take this one apart to make sure everything is ok.

After your inputs, I'm incline to just run it and see. But let's say you we're to get an engine, which one would you get?

Thanks again!

I run the 29.5 OBR Full Mod and love it...great customer back-up too if needed...the Pro Stock is supposed to be very good..

Its not worth taking the Engine apart imo, just run in and then blast it..

My KM came with a 29cc engine and must say went well, i did notice the bottom end was built different than the Zen's and CY's...ran it til it died then got a CY....

38201[/ATTACH]"]DSCF3859.gif

Attachments

• DSCF3859.gif
    DSCF3859.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 0
I run the 29.5 OBR Full Mod and love it...great customer back-up too if needed...the Pro Stock

This one?

Yeh thats the Prostock, nice 4 bolt..you could buy the OBR prostock long block and put the covers,coil,flywheel etc off the km engine onto it...the same prostock long block is $230, the savings you could put to a decent exhaust or wheels/tyres..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks