KM Baja 5B Throttle issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdenning22

Hey guys i have a Baja 5B from KM and its up and running but the throttle is super delayed. i can pull the trigger and i have to almost have it full throttle before it goes is that because of the tune or because the throttle linkage is just too wide? thanks for the help.

take the filter off, make sure butterfly is opening properly,,, if it is, it shouldn't be linkage,,, check the fuel lines and filter in tank to make sure everything ok,, tune can be some of it,,, it u getting tons of smoke, its probably way too rich,, and if no smoke and u hit throttle and sits then goes,, probably way to lean,,, lots of vids on you tube about tuning,,, otherwise,, maybe its the carb,,, most come with Chinese copies of walbro carbs,, check to see which one u have,, if its a clone one,,, get rid of it,,, maybe use for some parts, and get a walbro,, im running a 990 on mine

mines a walbro carb and yeah im going to mess with those collars to see if that's it and look up how to get a good tune in on it. thanks for the help guys

it sounds like the servo end points arent set properly.
Make sure when the radio is on and the buggy is on the throttle servo is sitting in the middle of its range of motion. Adjust your throttle linkage so when the servo pushes is its opening the carb ---> motor revs.

Oh and xscrick, Try using Full stops "." instead of ",,,,," its very annoying to read.
Even start on a new line!.

ill make sure I put out a stop sign for u,,,,,, why does it matter how I type as long as people can get some information that could possibly help them,,,,,,,, your sounding like some of the people from the other forum where u mention clones,,, the whole site comes down on u, how dare u, etc etc etc

i know the servo is good i set it at a 90 degree and i will have to adjust the linkage and see what happens

and xscrick don't worry about your typing its my thread and its fine.

When mine was doing that it was the linkage needed adjusting. Have you had the linkage off of the servo for any reason??

I have a similar issue. I think my issue might be the FlySky GT3C radio and one of it's settings. One thing I learned about my 5b baja was that the ABS had to be off. Any other setting made the servos act like they had a mind of their own. Now, my issue is that it will idle fine and when tires are off the ground it revs fine...but, when on the ground it idles fine and the slightest touch of the throttle makes it seem like it Wide open throttle.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks