Km chassis rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch, so the only thing that cracked was the chassis, nothing else? whats the story? How did it happened?

Good job putting it back together. I sometimes break my 1/8, besides the head aches from the 1/5, and put all the parts in a bucket, makes the rc look like junk. Then when its all nice and neat, was well worth rebuilding.

That's all, not the arm or the hub or anything. The front end is stock lol. I was tuning the motor at my work and hit a loose spot on the asphalt, then clipped a pallet. Oh it also broke the outer beadlock ring on the wheel but that's it.

KM has come a long way with putting out better quality rigs at a great price. Materials are comparable to all the big name brands. I own both and can't tell the difference besides the KM stamp on most parts. Congrats on the rebuild. Have done it many times myself

KM has come a long way with putting out better quality rigs at a great price. Materials are comparable to all the big name brands. I own both and can't tell the difference besides the KM stamp on most parts. Congrats on the rebuild. Have done it many times myself
Well there all made in china, probly at the same factory. Lol km probly just gets parts from the B bin and not the A bin.

Mhh, yes and no. Parts ARE different on metal alloys.

On the plastics I would say they are pretty much the same, but on differentials, spur gear, clutch bell, driveshafts, cvds, name brand are definitely superior.

Check each and every thread and 99% will state, "you will be set as long as you replace with genuine parts".

I would buy clone parts if it is the chassis, plastic a-arms, hubs, diff housings, anything plastic (and to be safe boil for 2 min), but ALL metal parts, brand name, not clone. (IMO).

Just talking from personal experience, my X2 has all internal Losi diffs, so far no more blown diffs.
I did buy a Rovan front drive shaft, lasted me two tanks. Went and bought Losi pin shaft retainers, and so far the drive shaft is working, until I did a few jumps and now is bent. The pin is still holding to the abuse.

I have not broken any KM or Rovan plastics, still using the stock radio and KM servos, work good and excellent reception.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks