KM T1000 GT Short Course Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evostyle

Official thread to discuss the King Motor T1000 GT short course truck.

I just got mine today and I have to say with just a visual inspection and engine break-in I'm impressed. My truck will be used only for racing. I got the truck almost ready to run from kingmotorrc.com. This was a custom deal I worked out via email.

http://www.kingmotorrc.com/T1000_GT_Truck_Short_Course_p/km113ob.htm
minus radio, servos, rx and battery

Basically I'll be adding my own radio system / servos.

The reason I choose this over the Hobby King Rovan version was for a few reasons.

1. The excavator tires and split six rims on the KM. The HK Rovan does come with Rodeoo's and spoke wheel's. Both are a good choice.
2. The upgraded HD front and rear upper aluminum plates. Not included on HK Rovan
3. The upgraded enclosed HD aluminum clutch cover. Not included on HK Rovan
4. The 30.5cc motor vs the HK Rovan 26cc.
5. The KM (cpi) tuned pipe vs the HK Rovan stinger tuned pipe.
6. The KM also includes aluminum bumpers however they'll be replaced with plastic for racing.

Overall the KM is a better deal. Only $50 more than the HK Rovan shipped.

:)

Have fun with it I opened 1 on christmas have not had a chance to run it yet but I have rand king motors for 2 years and has been big fun with very few problems, also Dans customer service is way better then HK he is a good guy and if you do have any problems he will work with ya.

Just waiting on some servos to come in and I'll have it ready to go. Any good suggestion on a LIPO rx pack that'll fit the box. I would like something at least 2000mah. I see that killerbee has a pack but it's rather large and heavy.

Hobbypartz has a few sky lipos that would fit. The one i have is a 1800 mah one but its for my 1/8th scale truggy but it fits fine. You could install 2 and run in p for a 3600 cap.

Just got my servos, kill switch, life pack, hub extenders and another set of tires (rodeo's). As soon as I get back in town I'll have it ready and will post some pics. Hopefully some actions shots if the weather is good.

Just a quick setup question. I remember on my HPI Baja SS it came stock with some really light shock oil. What's a good all around shock weight for some light jumping / track use? How about the diff oil? Anybody have a recommended starting oil weight?

Make sure you stock up on plenty of parts or convert it to plastic nylon parts, either way you'll need em !

Troy

The KM's at the moment are a totaly different quality then they were when they first came out years ago. A really great value.

Finally got to get a few tanks thru my truck. Let me just say that the KM 30.5cc with the KM (cpi style) pipe is awesome. It puts out so much top end that I dropped the stock 17T pinion to a 16T with no spur change and it rips outta the corners! I know they expect you to use matched gear set however, the mesh is actually better with the smaller pinion. The stock 17T was just a bit tight. Anyway, other than the body getting a bit cracked up, I'm totally happy with the truck. Video soon to come. I should have something up by the end of the month.

No more T1000. I ended up going 4wd with a Losi 5ive T and now have a new KM Baja buggy on the way. I really thought the truck was great. I think the 4wd class will eventually kill of the 2wd truck class. I was so impressed with the motor and pipe combo that I bought a KM Baja buggy with the same engine pipe combo. I'm hoping it's not TOO much! :) I guess I could always put a can on it.

Just got the buggy. These KM 30.5cc motors are really nice. 2nd pull choke on, it tried to start. Choke off 3rd pull it cranked right up to a steady idle. I let it warmup for 5 minutes, then pulled some easy RPM thru it and it sounded really smooth. Too cold to run it now, it'll have to wait for a warmer day.

Some pics of my new KM Baja 30.5cc

Really looking forward to getting this on track! :cup-1:

Attachments

• 20140214_205236.jpg
    20140214_205236.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 25
  • 20140214_204319.jpg
    20140214_204319.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140214_204223.jpg
    20140214_204223.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140214_204331.jpg
    20140214_204331.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 21
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks