Km001 roller build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Boomer

So I just got a Km001 baja roller brand new for $360 shipped. Ive always been a strait up hpi guy (and still am). Over the years ive accumulated motors ive never ran or ran very little. Same with the electronics accumulated over time.

Overall its not bad at all. Obviously not hpi quality but not bad. If I was going to have to buy everything I would go the hpi route but if you have electronics, engines, and pipes hell why not. Especially if you already have 3 hpi bajas🤦🏿‍♂️.

Im keeping it mostly stock. Build parts on hand; shims for steering posts, alloy engine mounts, Bizeta exhaust pipe, lipo battery, hitec 7955 throttle servo, stock hv steering servo that it came with, ESP g320, rovan alloy clutch carrier, vertigo clutch bell, hostile 18/56 pinion spur and gt3b radio.

Time to strip it down to check everything.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
just sommat to bear in mind for the future mick,
the tank and battery box are a slightly different size on the km,
not by much, if i remember right the km has a slightly shorter tank and longer battery box, or could be the other way round :LOL:,
plus if the steering servo is km then its a sllightly different size to hpi/savox etc,
so the servo holder is a different size, but the hpi one screws straight into the battery box so ya can change servos (y)

just sommat to bear in mind for the future mick,
the tank and battery box are a slightly different size on the km,
not by much, if i remember right the km has a slightly shorter tank and longer battery box, or could be the other way round :LOL:,
plus if the steering servo is km then its a sllightly different size to hpi/savox etc,
so the servo holder is a different size, but the hpi one screws straight into the battery box so ya can change servos (y)
It came with the steering hardware for the km steering servo for the rx box. Also the servo seems pretty dang strong and quiet too.

But yes if you want to use hpi stock style servo you will need this part

https://www.ddmracing.com/fullforce-5b032-rc-servo-bracket-for-hpi-baja-5b-5t-5sc

What are your plans with it, looks like a good start
Tbh Ive never seen or had a rovan or km platform and I have everything to complete the build. Having 3 hpi bajas I just wanted something to build. Suppose I can compare it in my experiences with hpi in the end. Just bored really and wanting something to build lol. A beater lol

Last edited:
Alloy mounts 18/56 gears. Pulled transmission apart. It had stinky gear oil in diff. Cleaned and used 20,000 diff fluid.
Diff looks ugly and had some metal shavings in it. But its smooth now.

IMG_5357.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

VERY NICE build so far. I like reusing RC parts as much as i can.

I understand the need for the screen. My question is what is the best bonding agent for the Orange Arrow as i would like to do it to my new to me motor.

Motor Screen.jpg

VERY NICE build so far. I like reusing RC parts as much as i can.

I understand the need for the screen. My question is what is the best bonding agent for the Orange Arrow as i would like to do it to my new to me motor.

View attachment 92598
You can use just about whatever you want. I've used epoxy and various rtv, and shoe goo. Liked the quick set epoxy the best, but you gotta make sure it's where tou want it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks