Knackered laptop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I've just managed to cream my laptop:crying: When I go to start it it comes up with BOOTMGR error. It was a new Acer Aspire 5355 and no start up disc( I had to make a recovery disc on first start up) The recovery disc doesn't work and I have a few copies of XP,XP pro, 98,98SE, Millennium etc but none will work! I've tried to partion the drive and even plugged my 1 terra byte hard drive that contains the exact copy of my laptop in it but still no joy.Do you think I need a new HDD or is there any way around it? Would I have to buy VISTA and if I did would it be a waste as nothing seems to work.
Cheers
J.

I had the blue screen of death on mine a while back so my sis loaded windows on it again & it layered over the old poop. Just allowed me to access my files but was slow as hell. Just had it in to a local PC shop last Friday & they formatted the hard drive & loaded XP & microsoft office back on for £30. Was done in the day and they will put on whatever you want back on. XP is more reliable than vista and they advised against office 2007 due to a few glitches that still need sorting with it. You may have seen my other thread re: web browsers, I on google chrome now & its fast compared to IE. Wouldnt have IE again now!

Follow these instructions and you will be running again in no time:

1) Find a really big hammer
2) Place laptop on hard surface preferably outside
3) Raise BFOH (Big fook off hammer) above head and swing down as hard as you can onto laptop
4) Proceed to beat the fook out of laptop until it either a) submits and starts working, or b) breaks up into lots of small unrecognisable pieces
5) Realise what you have just done and go back inside and sheepishly tell wifey what has happened and it was the voices in your head that made you do it, honest.
6) Be a man and take big slap and bollocking from wifey
7) Go out of room and jump around in pain
8) Wait for redness and any swelling to subside
9) Jump in car (if wifey not taken BFOH to it) and drive to PC World
10) Buy new laptop from spotty geek
11) Go home all pleased with your new purchase & tell wifey how much better it is than old laptop
12) Take another severe bollocking about how the £500 could have been better spent at the hair dresser, on new shoes and handbags and brace yourself for cold shoulder and sex ban for months to come
13) But hey ho, you couldnt give a fook now cos internet back on!!

It really is that simple!!
Photographs and/or videos please :clown::clown::clown::clown:

Hey Andy,sounds good to me,I already have an IBM Thinkpad in the man cave that has been submitted to your 'fix problem' I think Jane,however patient she is will get the hump if i do it one more time!...............Hmmmmm,one more try and its "THE ANDY FIX"
J.

i had the same thing with my laptop, took it to a lad in the next street who,s a p,c geek sorted it in a hour and charged me a tenner, you need a geek mate:clown::clown::clown:

Just give it Jacko for ten minutes he will smash it into a rock for you

Woooooa, not nice, i have feelings you know. :(:clown:
I'm never going to live this down am i :blush:. i'll say it again:

If Voo had set the Leo up properly then i would have been able to brake. :nono::clown:

Woooooa, not nice, i have feelings you know. :(:clown:
I'm never going to live this down am i :blush:. i'll say it again:

If Voo had set the Leo up properly then i would have been able to brake. :nono::clown:

If Voo had of set it up properly???? Ian,the thing in the middle of the controller is for the steering,if you had of turned it away from the rock there would not have been a BANG..............tut,tut...bloody women drivers!:clown:

Yeh what ever. :nono::no::nono:

If i had turned it at the speed it was going it would have rolled side ways into the trees and prob of caused more damage.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks