Kraken Vekta 5 Transmission cover missing..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTP

Ordered a new Kraken Vekta 5 and it came with no Lexan cover over the transmission. Contacted DDM and was told that Kraken don't install the cover over the transmission any more as they crack or break. So I will have to purchase and install it at my expense. I see people installing covers for air filter, pull cord housing and engine to prevent debris from getting in while the transmission gears are exposed. Does not make sense!

Although I'm not familiar with the kraken trans, it's fairly normal for our RC's to have exposed gears..... not the best imo, but it's just how it seems to be. Heck in the dbxl the spur gear sticks out below the chassis plate. Have to buy an aftermarket skid plastic to protect it. It does suck that they no longer supply you with a cover, but I'm sure with a bit of ingenuity you could make something up to cover it.

Thanks for your input, I plan to purchase a few aftermarket accessories during the black Friday sales so I think I will purchase the OEM lexan cover which I saw on DDM's website. The price was $14.95 US.

My recently purchased Vekta has exposed gears as well. Not really too concerned as I'm not taking this thing in the dirt and sand. Both my FG on-road cars have exposed gears and haven't had an issue yet. Knock on wood.

Seems the Kraken has shaved manufacturing costs on this version 2 of the Vekta. Plastic rear diff cover, no cover for transmission etc.

I didn't notice the plastic rear diff cover until you mentioned it, Wow, Kraken sure trying to cut corners. I remember seeing videos of the Kraken unboxing and remember the shiny rear diff cover.

Ordered a new Kraken Vekta 5 and it came with no Lexan cover over the transmission. Contacted DDM and was told that Kraken don't install the cover over the transmission any more as they crack or break. So I will have to purchase and install it at my expense. I see people installing covers for air filter, pull cord housing and engine to prevent debris from getting in while the transmission gears are exposed. Does not make sense!
It really doesn't need a cover It's fine open

I just purchased one and have the same issue . Not only no gear cover . But no wheel hex tool included and Allen keys .
Yep. Mine came with no tools.
Kraken tisk tisk! Mine came with a cover. It’s my choice wether I want to run it or not.

They did cut so many corners on this thing.

The radio
The cage design that takes lots of tools to
Get off.
The radio box lol on that.
No manual! Seriously.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks