KSRC-002 Buggy 30.5cc (2 Speed Installed), one problem after another!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxheadroom

Well as the title suggests I purchased a KSRC-002 Buggy 30.5cc (2 Speed Installed), I also purchased a KSRC-001 Buggy 23cc at the same time. About 5 minutes into my second tank (still running it gently) my one way bearing goes out, not a huge deal but annoying. I contact Dan, he informs me the cars have no warranty however he is willing to replace the bearing. I receive the bearing a couple days later, get my buggy put back together and I notice at higher speed this thing is all over the place, I am really fighting to keep it going in a straight line. I bring it back in and see my steering servo having a glitch festival. Mind you this is still on tank #2. Fine so I search around and find a good deal on a Hitec HS-805MG. Servo arrives in the mail, I tear into the buggy only to find King Motors use an odd ball size servo, so the Hitec servo doesn't fit, nor does the King Motor servo horn. Now my frustration level is getting up there a bit, so now I have designed a new servo mount which I will be cutting from 3/8" 304 stainless steel, hopefully I will actually get some run time in soon. Now the
KSRC-001 Buggy 23cc runs like a champ, not a single problem there... SHHHH it's my step sons I have been sneaking runs every now and then lol, I need my RC fix too!!!

With any of the hitec I have they do not bolt right up even on the redcats you have to redrill 2 holes for them to mount so its not that the KM has an oddball size. Your 1 way bearing is all in the mesh of the gears I promise when the gears are mesh right that bearing will last forever I am on my second year on the one way bearing. On many RTR the electronics is one of the weakest points but look at it like this once you get the small problems worked out it will be great fun but these things comes with the hobby.

With any of the hitec I have they do not bolt right up even on the redcats you have to redrill 2 holes for them to mount so its not that the KM has an oddball size. Your 1 way bearing is all in the mesh of the gears I promise when the gears are mesh right that bearing will last forever I am on my second year on the one way bearing. On many RTR the electronics is one of the weakest points but look at it like this once you get the small problems worked out it will be great fun but these things comes with the hobby.

The servo not fitting isn't a huge deal, just a minor frustration. As far as gear mesh goes I have been in the RC hobby for 25+ years so gear mesh isn't a new concept to me, however with the 2 speed there is no way to adjust the mesh, now having said that I have noticed that my gear mesh has loosened way up, and actually is now a perfect mesh instead of the super tight mesh it came with. I am hoping the one way bearing will survive. Hopefully I will be able to get the new servo mount cut tomorrow!

I was not trying to question your mesh techeniques and now that it is loose yes you will notice that the one way bearing will last a long time it will shift harder now but mine was the same way way to tight from the factory but now with running it its much loose and runs much better.

I was not trying to question your mesh techeniques and now that it is loose yes you will notice that the one way bearing will last a long time it will shift harder now but mine was the same way way to tight from the factory but now with running it its much loose and runs much better.

So you're saying to run the mesh loose and the bearing will last longer? From the first day I got mine I loosened up the mesh because it was ridiculously tight (loosen all mount screws on the engine/trans, run 3 slips of paper into the gear mesh, tighten everything, remove paper), and I've still been through 3 bearings now.

One thing I have noticed is keeping dust and dirt out of the bearing has helped make it last. On a bearing I thought had completely failed, I cleaned it out with brakeclean and reinstalled it, and it worked flawlessly for another couple months.

Dude just remove the 2 speed as it is nothing but problems, i once had it and it was a constant struggle with the one way bearing. My suggestion ditch it and go with a 1 speed and you are done...

I've been super busy last couple weeks so working on the baja had been put aside. However with that being said I did manage to waterjet a new aluminum bracket for a Hitec 805MG, so hopefully I will get a chance today to get it put back together and running again.

Success, and dang it lol! I got the car all put back together the only problem was the stock servo horn does not fit the hitec servo. Not a big deal I will just make an epoxy sleeve that will fit the smaller hitec splines and slide the servo horn over the epoxy wait for it to setup and should be good to go. Well kinda, I did get about 10 minutes of run time out of it but the epoxy splines let go. So I ordered the HPI servo horn set I am hoping one of the horns in the set fits my hitec servo, I really don't want to go with an aluminum servo horn. The good news is holy smokes does that 30.5 rip! Shifting from 1st to 2nd was pulling the front end up off the ground! I got used to my step son's 23cc, wow what a difference. Hopefully the servo horn setup will be in Wednesday.

and yet more frustration, I got about 10 minutes of run time and 1 one bearing in the two speed is smoked. I will be figuring out what I need to convert to a single speed and ditching the two speed. So if anybody wants a two speed setup I will be getting rid of this one cheap, heck if somebody has a single speed and wants to trade I'd be thrilled to go that route too!

my 2 speed on my t1000 has been runnin just fine. mine was a bit tight too but doin upgrades i maade a lil more gap on the mesh and so far so good runnin just fine. still on original owb and everything. i upgraded to d
s brakes and the one piece upper brake mount. that required a drilling out of one hole to let post guide sit right on it. no huge deal and not complicated to do. overall im pleased with mine and has worked like a champ so far

km oneway bearing

my 2 speed on my t1000 has been runnin just fine. mine was a bit tight too but doin upgrades i maade a lil more gap on the mesh and so far so good runnin just fine. still on original owb and everything. i upgraded to d
s brakes and the one piece upper brake mount. that required a drilling out of one hole to let post guide sit right on it. no huge deal and not complicated to do. overall im pleased with mine and has worked like a champ so far
What exactly did you do to get that 2 speed to work? How did you gap thr mesh.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks