Large scale aircraft construction adhesive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klockwerken

I am building a rather large scale R/C glider of a German Jet. I am using Dow chemical board/insulation. The material is pink in color and is 1/2" thick and the other material is only 1/8" thick of which I am using for the skin over the foam bulkheads.

This makes for some rather fast, rigid, inexpensive airframe but the weak link is the type of adhesive.

Alaphatic [sic] never seems to set up, epoxy is expensive and heavy and doesn't sand well and CA glue will melt the structure and cause the cells to collapse.

What should I use? The commercial grade construction adhesive is WAAAYYY Too heavy, sticky, thick and NOT the right stuff.

This project needs to be done by January 2010 and the hour glass is running out of sand....

I am building a rather large scale R/C glider of a German Jet. I am using Dow chemical board/insulation. The material is pink in color and is 1/2" thick and the other material is only 1/8" thick of which I am using for the skin over the foam bulkheads.

This makes for some rather fast, rigid, inexpensive airframe but the weak link is the type of adhesive.

Alaphatic [sic] never seems to set up, epoxy is expensive and heavy and doesn't sand well and CA glue will melt the structure and cause the cells to collapse.

What should I use? The commercial grade construction adhesive is WAAAYYY Too heavy, sticky, thick and NOT the right stuff.

This project needs to be done by January 2010 and the hour glass is running out of sand....
white furniture glue wood adhesive i always use it on my planes but were you need strength use araldite its cheap and good

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks