Large scale cat >>120"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadge

hello...I am new here and this is first post..have one 72" Capricorn already(currently engine less for electric conv.)
Saw one of these in a parking lot about 8yrs ago and was pretty beat up. I thought they didnt make them anymore. well next gas project found !!
Gotta go I/B , thinking twin jet drives from waverunner/jet ski and hydraulic steering. I'll build the reverse clamshells. gotta have reverse(read brakes) I think
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAN...20320?pt=Power_Motorboats&hash=item3365e7c5a0

In actuality you could be the driver. Just mount the radio as the steering wheel. Then pull up to the dock, get out, take the radio out and have it take off with you screaming from the dock my boat! stop my boat! :lol:

That thing is a monster!!

50mph

Im think it will be more stable with CG moved forward n lower, lightened too, ALOT. Another forum said.."doesn't turn above 25mph, worse boat he ever rolled" I'm not gettin in it !!
The owner of this one states he moves his fuel can...I had a hydroplane that would blow over when I was less than 1/2 tank and sub with ballast added.
My $.02...mount fuel tank at CG and CG maintained

Last edited by a moderator:
When he hit that small wave it didn't look fun the rest of the time it did. I think I would run it on glass and have a blast!
I can't believe it can hold the motor and stress of the push.

When I was a kid back in the late 70's early 80's I lived on a canal and I used to make my own 8' marine plywood hydroplanes out of 5'x8' x 3/8" thick sheets that looked like a wedge of cheese and was called the "Mini Most"...They were rated for a 7-10hp engine max according to the plans in the Science and Mechanics mag I got the plans from but I was throwing on 18 and 20hp Johnson and Evinrude engines with a beefed up transom....They were a blast to ride in as long as you were moving;-stopping got very wet and required vigorous bailing,,lol..Im sure those would make a sweet r/c boat too.....

Last edited:
In actuality you could be the driver. Just mount the radio as the steering wheel. Then pull up to the dock, get out, take the radio out and have it take off with you screaming from the dock my boat! stop my boat! :lol:

That thing is a monster!!

^^LMAO, that's awesome BTB. That video is cool, that thing is BAD ASS, I wants one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks