Large scale shells

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His swing???
must have want GIF

????‍♂️
?Whats that he's working on Zee?

I too am looking for a replacement body for my HPI Baja 5R 1970 Ford Boss 302 Mustang. HPI didn't release the body for sale by itself, and I have not been able to find any aftermarket body that is the same size and will fit correctly on my car.

1610817387579.png

Its
I too am looking for a replacement body for my HPI Baja 5R 1970 Ford Boss 302 Mustang. HPI didn't release the body for sale by itself, and I have not been able to find any aftermarket body that is the same size and will fit correctly on my car.
It's a shame really, that was a very nice body if it was done up differently. Candy apple red would have been sweat.

I agree and it's too bad that no other rc company makes a body in this same size. All of the other 1/5 scale bodies are smaller than this one.

Candy apple red would be very nice! I remain hopeful that they will come back and offer the body, but I'm not holding my breath...

I feel your pain. It took me a long time to find these replacements made by IQP Racing to replace the well worn bodies that I had for a few years on my FG Sportsline 1/5. Fortunately these bodies are new but did come with the lame-ass paint scheme which has now been removed from both. I am currently trying to find some place that can make molds and vacuum form a few duplicates before risk trashing these. I am not sure if the size is compatible ( i.e. Chassis and Body Shell measurements ) to my 1/5 FG Sportsline (533mm WB). These bodies are approximately 35" L x 16.5" W x 9.5" H.

Attachments

• 20200403_201543.jpg
    20200403_201543.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200403_200957.jpg
    20200403_200957.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 7
Yes, that is the exact body and I have also been debating the Silver w/ black stripes or Blue with white. I guess if I could ever find somewhere to have a few copies made that I would have several different colors. I have been working on a 1/4 scale body for another project that will use a Conley style V8 engine but will be a scale version of my 31 Model A.

Attachments

• 20140717_093843.jpg
    20140717_093843.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 2
I been after that mustang for years. Last time I found one it was ridiculously expensive. I found one in Poland but didn't work out and the first i found - guy wouldn't sell without rest of the car. They pop up time to time though.?

@31FordCoupe,​

Are those bodies still available?. If yes I found the motivation to get through surgery!!???

Last edited:
I feel your pain. It took me a long time to find these replacements made by IQP Racing to replace the well worn bodies that I had for a few years on my FG Sportsline 1/5. Fortunately these bodies are new but did come with the lame-ass paint scheme which has now been removed from both. I am currently trying to find some place that can make molds and vacuum form a few duplicates before risk trashing these. I am not sure if the size is compatible ( i.e. Chassis and Body Shell measurements ) to my 1/5 FG Sportsline (533mm WB). These bodies are approximately 35" L x 16.5" W x 9.5" H.

Both of your bodies look awesome! are those bodies still available? I'm guessing you found them on ebay? I would buy one for my Nutech 5R Mustang. Striikar helped me find a Mustang body on rc-online, but it doesn't fit very well and the quality isn't that good.

I like your idea of finding a shop to copy it. If you find one, maybe I let them copy my HPI Baja 5R body and sell a bunch of them LOL

@dougstar - those look great, but not likely for sale :cry:

@Striikar - glad you powered through it buddy! Nice to see you back here!

That's funny that you mentioned Poland because that is where I found them in June of 2019. They were a little high but after converting Polish to US dollars it came to $260 each but that also covered shipping and insurance charges. They were very securely packaged. They do still have one or more Challenger bodies in stock. https://sklep.modelarnia.pl/p17837,karoseria-1-5-dodge-challenger-zolta.html
These bodies were originally made in Denmark but to my knowledge were no longer available after 2013. I was able to contact the company about some of their custom parts for the different cars. They cut me one hell of a discount on all of the wheels and tires that they still had so I took the all. I am not sure that I could "Legally" sell any of the bodies. If I can find some one or a company to make a mold and then the vacuum forming I will likely order more than I could possibly use myself and given the history of the USPS, packages do get misdirected from time to time.
This is a modified version done by a very talented young guy based on Ken Block's Hoonicorn Mustang.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks