Large servo rebuild -maybe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored a Rampage MT (ID'd by the group) servo was seized and because I have more time than money, I opened it up to see what was wrong. Turned out the motor armature had wallered out the bottom of the plastic casing and putting voltage to it it would not spin. Opened up my random drawer and right there was a motor with the same physical dimensions. Much heavier casing and steel end cap. (from a printer?) I'll make a precision pinion puller to make the swap and see what happens. Nothing to lose.

I don't know how these are worth so much. There may be more materials but the precision to assemble a micro servo is much more demanding. Volume I guess...

IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

I appreciate your resourcefulness, but definitely think about getting a nicer servo. Typically, it's a good investment in the hobby and one of the first things most people upgrade.

I've always been a fan of Hitech. Although I don't own any of their large scale servos.

I just ordered an AGFRC 78kg servo yesterday. They were on sale for prime day. I missed it, but they're still offering a coupon to prime members.
I've yet to use one, but they're supposed to be one of the best!

I'm currently using a junk JX servo. First one burnt out immediately, they warrantied it. Almost have a gallon on the replacement. It works ok steering my 5iveT for a $45 servo, but is more suited to be a throttle/brake servo.

Edit: I've also heard the 80kg PowerHD servo is ok for the price.

Last edited:
Agfrc is my go to. They are the mfg of reefs. Their 78 is kick a$$ servo. Buy off Ali express they have deals once a month. Buy straight from agfrc store.

Last one I bought $274 cad. Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! C$353.30 5% Off | Anniversary Edition AGFRC A280BHMW 78KG 0.082Sec High Torque WP Brushless For 1/5 RC Racing Servo Large Aircraft Car Boat Model
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0ePOym
IMG_8851.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks