Leaky shocks, Oil and Spring Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch13k

I’m running a practically new, a few tanks of gas in, 5ive T 1.0. Running mostly on a small home track. It’s tight and twisty with a couple of jumps. One that I can get decent air off of.

All four shocks are leaking. Looks like oil is coming from the top caps. Also, I’m bottoming out coming off the jump and getting fender rub from the tires hitting the body.

Asking for ideas/recommendations regarding shock springs, oil, and leak prevention?

Thanks!

Upgrade to stiffer springs, I personally run red springs and like them for my style and where we run. 1.0’s came stock with 30 wt oil, 2.0’s got 40 wt. I run 40 wt in my 5t’s. You can go heavier as well just remember it will change the rebound rate and how the truck handles. Heavier will be slower rebound.

You shouldn’t be leaking from the top caps. Remove the shocks and make sure the caps are on tight.

I'll pull the shocks and check the caps. Need to install Shockwears as well. I've got some 40 wt. I'll give that a try and order some red springs. Thanks guys. The help is very much appreciated.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks