Leopard or baja 2wd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boadazofa

Hey uk rc racers, how are you?

Thought i would ask here because the said cars are very popular over there! I am looking at getting either a leopard 2 or an fg baja 2wd but just want to know your thoughts on them.

It will be used on a dirt track that usually gets pretty rough so i was just wondering which one will be better for rougher tracks?

I realise that they can be setup for track conditions but I thought the baja might be better because of the bigger wheels and i have only ever seen the leopard race on virtually flat tracks or astroturf!

Here is a link to my youtube vid that i made of the last round of our club and this is where it will be used. as you can see by the end of the vid the track gets pretty rough!

[ame="http://youtu.be/luPhPJcEzMw"]http://youtu.be/luPhPJcEzMw[/ame]

Thanks for any input you can give an aussie racer!

Hiya bud and welcome to the forum.

First of all, is it safe to assume you're going to be getting the sportline version of the Leopard or Baja?

I would say the Leopard is better for racing on tracks than the Baja because of the way it's set out, the length and width also have a bearing on it too. I realise what you're saying about the tyres but you can't be certain the baja tyres will work as well as others that are available like the GRP bulldog and cubit and they won't fit on the Baja rims.

I race the competition version of the Leopard and aside from the fact it recently won the European championships, it has the standard quality you get from FG and I run the car 99% standard out of the box.

Hiya bud and welcome to the forum.

First of all, is it safe to assume you're going to be getting the sportline version of the Leopard or Baja?

I would say the Leopard is better for racing on tracks than the Baja because of the way it's set out, the length and width also have a bearing on it too. I realise what you're saying about the tyres but you can't be certain the baja tyres will work as well as others that are available like the GRP bulldog and cubit and they won't fit on the Baja rims.

I race the competition version of the Leopard and aside from the fact it recently won the European championships, it has the standard quality you get from FG and I run the car 99% standard out of the box.

Thanks for the response! I should of said the sportsline version. It is a good point you made about tire availability! I was leaning towards the leopard aswell because our local shop sells elconn and i believe some of the parts are interchangable! Does anyone over there race the baja or are they more of a basher?

Non of the elcon bits change over so far as I know and to be honest, I believe the FG is far better than the elcon anyway. There are a lot of them in the UK and only a couple seem to go but thats probably just down to the drivers and they do seem quite fragile.
There are no Baja running in our national series at the moment but you do see them at club meetings from time to time. We have 4 Comeptition Leopards racing over here at the moment and they do seem to hold upto the abuse dished out to them and as I'm the only one in the UK that carries all the Leopard 2 spares to every meeting, I should know if they break.
I can't comment on the reliability of the sportsline cars but going on past history of FG's then I would say it's better than most.

thanks i have made my mind up it will be the leopard 2 when i get some spare cash! At the moment i run the baja ss and i am doing really good with that in the stock baja class but i would like to get the leopard to run in the pro class!

thanks i have made my mind up it will be the leopard 2 when i get some spare cash! At the moment i run the baja ss and i am doing really good with that in the stock baja class but i would like to get the leopard to run in the pro class!

I don't know if you've seen my car on various threads but it may well be worth looking to give you an idea of the comp car rather than publicity shots.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=16649

There are a couple of people interested in it but I'm not it a rush to sell it, i'll finish the season with it first and then pull it apart.

who know i might be in a position by that time to buy! got any youtube footage of your races that i can check out?

Anyway its late over here nice chatting with ya! i am of to bed!

peter

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks