let me know your radio of choice....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1badmini

i use a nomadio react.baught awhile back when nomadio was pretty much the only radio using telemantary technology.these radios are expensive and that being said i will not change out for a very longtime.plus it works awsome and all the perks of adding temp guage,rpm and other are awsome.

i just want to see or hear what others are using and why they think its a good radio.

here is mine

fg04.jpg

I use a Futaba 3PKS with FASST for most of my rigs. I need a module based controller since I race Mini-Z's and race VRC on the computer. For Mini-Z's I need an AM module and also use a KO Propo 2.4 Mini-Z module. For VRC I use a FM synth module. Great controller. Has all the features you could want and feel balanced in my hand.

For my crawlers I use a Spektrum DX3R since it has a 3 position 3rd channel and is much lighter than the 3PKS.

If it wasn't for the need for a module based controller, I would be using a Futaba 4PK for everything.

I use the DX3R for my Leo and MT,hitec for the Beetle,JR for the marder,Multiplex Profi for my MCD and i WONT go into my 10/th scales.
Hey charl,theres a Spekky Dx5 with sticks if you want to go down that street,I think I have put it up in another thread.
J.

Oh My Bad....Price is USD.....dah I should have know for you guys across the pond
on money difference's...Slawhammer

charlieboy..yeah you may have to pay Vat & import tax's...I get hammered that way
from stuff comming to the USA....check with towerhobbies on that..they also have a curency conversion chart there as well......I like that Radio...I talked on the phone with
futaba for about 30 minutes about the radio and the fcc regulations...ground use vs air
plus the application of 2.4ghz...there will be no conflictions for ground use...
and the fcc regulatios have changed for use of stick Radio's..any way here in the USA
Hope this helps ya out....Slawhammer

charlieboy..yeah you may have to pay Vat & import tax's...I get hammered that way
from stuff comming to the USA....check with towerhobbies on that..they also have a curency conversion chart there as well......I like that Radio...I talked on the phone with
futaba for about 30 minutes about the radio and the fcc regulations...ground use vs air
plus the application of 2.4ghz...there will be no conflictions for ground use...
and the fcc regulatios have changed for use of stick Radio's..any way here in the USA
Hope this helps ya out....Slawhammer

yeah cheers slaw top man :cool2:

pretty nice radios so far.i know there are other brands out there.anyone use the airtronics? not my cup of tea but they are pretty popular.

Charlie have a look in the electronics section. I started a thread recently for the best budget 2.4ghz set & most are wheels. The link is in there to the 5ch that Voo mentioned. I too like the sticks so might go for one of these for my Christmas pressie....

I used to use a Futaba 3vc years a go and loved it and now i have just got a 4pk as i have taken the gamble of switching over to the wheel type and seem to get on with it ok sofar , have had a couple of panic finger triger moments ..lol... should get used to it in the end....it feels very nice to use..:):):)

Charlie have a look in the electronics section. I started a thread recently for the best budget 2.4ghz set & most are wheels. The link is in there to the 5ch that Voo mentioned. I too like the sticks so might go for one of these for my Christmas pressie....

cheers andy will have a look :cool2:

it seems to me us americans use the pistal style more and over seas used the stick style more.i remember starting out with the stick style in the mid 80's.it was one of or was the 1st futaba attack stick style.i swear i thaught the pistals were ugly and that i would never convert.........lol.i guessed wrong....lol.

I used to use a Futaba 3vc years a go and loved it and now i have just got a 4pk as i have taken the gamble of switching over to the wheel type and seem to get on with it ok sofar , have had a couple of panic finger triger moments ..lol... should get used to it in the end....it feels very nice to use..:):):)

was that a panic finger trigger moment when that dog almost had a coronory...:clown::clown:

I originally bought a DX3S when i ran nitro's because I liked having the volt and temp readings on the radio.

don't used the temp function anymore that im only into gassers now but I still enjoy the volt reading.

Plus the feel, lightness and the fact I can use one radio for all my toys is a big plus.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks