lil help please! :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is the oil mix. I had the same problem and kept adjusting the oil mix untill the problem went away. Now I run 50:1 mix. The problem is that your fouling out the plug with 25;1 mix. It's ok to break it in but you will have nothing but problems later. Also check for air leaks a rebuild carb kit will also fix the problem to.:D If you see lots of oil comming out of the exhaust when running then you know that it's too much oil.

The problem is the oil mix. I had the same problem and kept adjusting the oil mix untill the problem went away. Now I run 50:1 mix. The problem is that your fouling out the plug with 25;1 mix. It's ok to break it in but you will have nothing but problems later. Also check for air leaks a rebuild carb kit will also fix the problem to.:D If you see lots of oil comming out of the exhaust when running then you know that it's too much oil.

So its too much oil in the mix, a fouled plug, a full carb rebuild and air leaks.......
Did you read the posts above?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This guy is insane!!!!!!!! please don't listen to him on the 50:1 thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is insane!!!!!!!! please don't listen to him on the 50:1 thats just crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah stick with 25:1 and just lean the mixture a tad if its fouling your plug. Oh sorry we are all wrong :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is this guy Assad aka largescalebasher??

actually depending on type of driving 50:1 could be plenty. i guess you guys can jump on my back also, cause i have evidence that this is true and you can ask builders also.

if you for instance are running on a track and rarely go wot for long stretch then 50:1 is plenty of oil. i run 25:1 but i bash hard, lots of long winded wot running, no putting around so i agree, 25:1 is good ratio. my son is 4, he runs slowly 85% of the run, with short blasts of wot and never airs it out, fouled plugs are a common problem with his rig. his ratio needs to be lessoned simply so he doesn't foul the plugs so damn much. his engine suffers no premature wear, hell his outlast me and my older sons engines, because of the easy driving he does. if the oil ratio were problem then his engine wouldnt last so long. and, even with the ratio leaned it is hard to tune for that low throttle driving and keep from leaning it to much to keep the plug clean. 2 strokes and these carbs don't do well when running at low throttle settings, they need to be aired out a lot to keep them running strong and correctly.

ive watched a lot of vid of people that never bash hard, just a lot of putting around. not saying thats what the OP does, but if he does he could lean his ratio a little and wouldnt hurt a thing.

50:1? i swear ive seen you say that a few times as soon someone mentions any type of engine prob! lol :eek:

update.. my worries are over soon, got a 29cc 4-bolt inc :)

..i use my beetle at a track & i do WOT often, never had this prob before until recently

Last edited:
stock engine settings i have posted the link from zenoah on another thread, it's 25/1 ratio, that 50/1 mix is for weedeater ,blower, trimmer engines.
as to what builders do? i take it you are referring to mod engines? ported etc.
not just a plain jane engine? if its a modded engine then i would expect you to follow the builders info,but again most modded engines don't have warranties so it's a moot point, plane jane zenoah or cy stay with the 25/1.

I just read through his 33 post and in them all he basically says every running problem is due to too much oil and you should run at 50:1, if that doesn't solve it you need to rebuild your carb cos its has an airleak and you should use Hitec 805 servos for steering. Seriously, have a read for yourselves, I nearly lol'd myself off the fuckin sofa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

how oiled up is your air filter? running an hpi filter with a too heavily oiled filter(fine line when oiling for real dusty conditions) has given me grief in the past, that and a clogged filter when running in dust...motor chokes and floods like a bastard

Stick with 25:1 with stock or mod engines otherwise your at risk of blowing the thing up

I run 16:1 in my M&D full mod motor for my boat because it revs so hard an gets hot if i run 25:1 it would'nt last 5 minutes

16:1 is normal ratio for boats, due to the fact that they are pinned wot most of the time. i also think there are times when this heavy ratio is needed for our cars aswell. like, if you were in the desert in a bowl running the balls off of it in 100+ degree temps. my only point is depending on how you run it can determine how much oil you need, i guess only the user can determine that. i will never tell anyone what ratio to run cause i don't know how they run their car.

i didnt say this was op's problem, im just saying if you don't run your motor hard 50:1 will not hurt a thing, and if that is how you run your engine, a leaner ratio will help plug issues. just wanna clarify that.

and to stay on safe side, do as builders advertise and run 25:1. they recommend this ratio because they don't know how the user will run it, so by telling you to go 25:1 there is no liability for them.

16:1 is normal ratio for boats, due to the fact that they are pinned wot most of the time. i also think there are times when this heavy ratio is needed for our cars aswell. like, if you were in the desert in a bowl running the balls off of it in 100+ degree temps. my only point is depending on how you run it can determine how much oil you need, i guess only the user can determine that. i will never tell anyone what ratio to run cause i don't know how they run their car.

i didnt say this was op's problem, im just saying if you don't run your motor hard 50:1 will not hurt a thing, and if that is how you run your engine, a leaner ratio will help plug issues. just wanna clarify that.

and to stay on safe side, do as builders advertise and run 25:1. they recommend this ratio because they don't know how the user will run it, so by telling you to go 25:1 there is no liability for them.

Very true i agree with you 100%

I just read through his 33 post and in them all he basically says every running problem is due to too much oil and you should run at 50:1, if that doesn't solve it you need to rebuild your carb cos its has an airleak and you should use Hitec 805 servos for steering. Seriously, have a read for yourselves, I nearly lol'd myself off the fuckin sofa :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lol! ..so i wasnt just dreamin it then! ^^

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks