Limited Maintenance !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

Much as I would theoretically agree all all of the racers, etc., about stripping down the truck after several hours' 'playtime', I never really do.

I always give a good general clean, then check all bolts, and lube where possible, but leave it at that.

I've been really enjoying the big 'Blue Thunder' since removing the DDM Dominator - great pipe but TOO LOUD!! - and replacing it with an FG Tuned pipe, and noticed yesterday early evening a bit of 'movement' in the rear LHS hub.
Reason - BOTH bearings collapsed, or 'nuked' as I like to explain it!!
Fortunately I had a spare, but had a near impossible task of removing the hinge pin - I managed after 10 minutes' 'gentle persuasion' and yet again found some spare ones, which actually happened to be the hollowed thus hardened steel ones, and after a good clean, and line with Mo grease, it slid in quite easily.
Once centred, I locked it in position with the little headless 'grub' screw and was out again today disturbing the neighbours a little - OK, one full tank!!
Managed to remove a small tree I never liked - using the truck - good fun!!

Back to work next week!!!
Shame!
I've managed to fit a 25A ESC into my micro Raminator, so no more ESC problems for that;
Got my MERV blasting as fast as ever;
Then there's the FG MT!!
Neighbours still say HELLO !!

Al.

Sounds like you've missed the truck :kiss::kiss::w00t: You like the tuned pipe then. I got 1 with my 2nd marder so cant wait to give it a blast but rossmods not got my layshaft tuned brake in yet :(

JE Spares are cheap for bearings - 8x22x7 FG wheel bearings for 84p each!! At that price its worth getting a full set to keep in your box. Excellent service too.

I do the same as you. Clean down & lube and general check over of the fixings. I only strip it down if Ive had a bad off or something breaks and then its only the necessary parts.

Racers have to much time on there hands...... :lol: Us bashers are having to much fun abusing our rigs! :w00t: I only repair as needed and general maintiance. I do do a full tear down/ rebuild once a year. Winter time is my down time. :cup-1:

i used to strip mine after every couple of runs but soon stoped after mates that never touched there cars had less problems than me so i took the do it when it filthy or broke method and its better i just clean it now and again and just had to change layshaft bearings due to one having no balls left bit of a mess

I can actually say, ALL of my RC's are working!!
The MERV is just mental on 3S LiPo or the NiMH in series - it will need a couple of parts soon as the noise is the pinion wearing out ...... easy fix.
The little microRam is a laugh and more reliable with the larger ESC!! I've got a higher 'C' rate battery coming for that .... !!

The MT is great - definitely more fun with the quieter pipe, but doesn't frighten the local kids as much - I have to do that, or shut it down if they get too curious!!

Al.

I also just give the once over and do the general cleaning. Check for loose parts and such.

I have only had my for 1 year and did a complete tear down this past April. Had to add some mods and next winter more than likely will do a good clean unless I really break something.

Maybe this winter I will have some fun in the snow since I did some stuff that will make cleaning easier.

I got an idea from many of you guys about inclosing the frame with some metal/alum. Man does that keep out the grass and rocks. There are still some that gets in by the servos and tank but keeps alot out.

I went again the grain and put bike innertube over the shocks. I found some inner tube that was small enough. Keeps the crap out of the shocks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks