Lipo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An other one is were xan i get good 7s and 10s packs for good product and price

Last edited by a moderator:
if im correct the c rating is the cells, 1c 3.7v, 2c 7.4v 3c 11.1v, etc.
i have seen hobby king had some lipos fairly cheap

Very briefly ....

'C' Rating is the CAPACITY of the battery, e.g. 5000mAh (or 5Ah).
'S' is the number of 3.7V LiPo cells. 2S = 2x 3.7 V = 7.4 V (One LiPo cell is rated at 3.7V).

30C = the rate it can discharge. If the capacity is 5Ah it can discharge up to 30 x 5A = 150A.

Some discharge rates are split, with a CONTINUOUS and a BURST rate, e.g. 30C / 60C burst. 30 x 5 = 150A for continuous, but can 'burst' for a couple of seconds at 60 x 5 = 300A.

This is obviously until discharged.

CAUTION!!!
LiPo batteries must NOT go below 3.3V, or there is risk of fire.
Al.

The higher the C, the more amperage the battery can supply, also the more expensive the battery will be. It also usually makes the battery bigger and heavier. The C rating is usually only important for electric cars with big brushless motors. If you are just shopping for a radio receiver battery for a gas car then 5C is enough.

Ok thanks guys so willthis be ok for my fg monster 5800 mah 10s 25c

Trying to get a fightercat esc for my leopard 5629

Charged the battery and it is reading 6.7v. Do you think this will be OK for the servos. Really dubious, as just received news that the servo I sent off for repair is scrap, motor and amp knackered.
Jonnas.

Charged the battery and it is reading 6.7v. Do you think this will be OK for the servos. Really dubious, as just received news that the servo I sent off for repair is scrap, motor and amp knackered.
Jonnas.

Yup. That's normal. I run 7.4v LiPo straight to my 6v servos. No problems.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks