little question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spekys are finiky to get setup, plus the onboard failsafe can really interfere with a remote kill switch.

it may not work at all with a spekky.

battle switches, pico switches and killer bee V1 will all work with a spekky, but must be the only thing on the channel they are attached to, i.e. you can not piggy-back them on to the steering or throttle channels. So, if for whatever reason you can't install it like this (e.g. channel mixing, dual steering/brake servos etc), then I highly recommend that you look at the special Killer Bee for the spekky (V2-s).

I suggest that when you have installed it you do the following

1) plug the kill switch into the AUX (ch3) port on the reviever (it's possible to use the bind/RS port if you know what you are doing). The switch must be the ONLY thing connected to this port and you must have mixing turned OFF on your transmitter

2) With your rig on a bench, start the engine and ensure that the switch works when you do the following:
2a) By pressing the manual switch on the crankcase
2b) By pressing/flicking the aux switch on your transmitter
2c) by turning your transmitter off (i.e. signal loss)
2d) by unplugging your Rx battey (i.e. power loss)

3) if the above fails, fix as follws and try again:
3a) re-wire the kill switch, you probably ballsed it up when you installed it
3b) ensure your Transmitter is set up to map the aux switch to the Aux port (Aux port setting to "AUX"). Reversing the channel will make the switch work the oposite way, but you don't have to re-bind after this. If this does not fix it, check you have installed it correctly
3c/d) re-bind the reciever to set the built-in failsafe with the AUX switch in the 'kill' position

Additionaly, I allways kill my engine using the transmitter switch, this way I allways know it is still working properly.

Bottom line, if an any doubt, spend another £5, get the spekky specific Killer Bee (V2-s), and install it exactly as the instructions state because that will definately work with a spekky

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks