loads of smoke and oil from exaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARLEY76

hi im pretty new to 1/5th rc trouble im having is my 26cc cy engine wont tune up . theres loads of smoke as tho its rich as hell. even tho L/H needles are just over 1 full turn . doesn't sound well either .theres lots of black oil from exaust had newish ngk plug fitted too. thinking its the head gone but just wanted to ask you guys first..also i have to keep reving it slightly to keep it running .. any info really appreciated..thanks lads..............

r8 atom3624 thanks for your quick response much sppreciated .. im using 25:1 oil mix .using putoline oil. but ill do a fresh mix and see if that helps .. also gona go more leaner on lowspeed needle.. thanks for your reply atom3624

hi im pretty new to 1/5th rc trouble im having is my 26cc cy engine wont tune up . theres loads of smoke as tho its rich as hell. even tho L/H needles are just over 1 full turn . doesn't sound well either .theres lots of black oil from exaust had newish ngk plug fitted too. thinking its the head gone but just wanted to ask you guys first..also i have to keep reving it slightly to keep it running .. any info really appreciated..thanks lads..............

What carb do you have on it?

hi phill2... its a walbro 216 it says on it .theres no other markings on it ..I've just done a fresh mix of fuel and gona see how it behaves .. I'll post my results later on ..and thanks for a reply m8

results are in lol.. its running the same as before. ive noticed a slight air leak on exaust manifold even tho its just had 2 new gaskets on .. and the gasket seal between engine and cylinder head. seams to be tacky like as tho fuels melted it if you know wot i mean.. it all worked fine untill i had to change the is it pinion gear and the rear diff. had some spares. so put that on... also ive fitted a fg fuel tank with new lines fitted .cleaned and checked the small pin hole breather. on the cap too.since fitting these parts its just run poop and loads of smoke & oil coming out of exaust pipe. so ive decided to take engine out and strip it put new gaskets and maybe a new piston kit...and new plug . if i renew the piston only. do i have to run the engine in like you do on new ones. thanks .........

the gaskets mainly the cylinder part was wet through and degrading also insulater gasket was wet too.. piston looks fine all shiny ect cylinder same ..just thought i would let u know ...

thats a good one phill2 . i think new gaskets n carb gaskets should do it. i hope lol.. as it starts up ok and ran fine before. well fingers crossed it all works fine after doing new gaskets. thanks for your replies mate .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks