Looking for advice on how to put pins in FLM shafts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xrsboy2016

The pins are very tight and won't go in . Do you guys recommend using some kinda of grease on the pins to get them to slide in. Any advice with this would be appreciated. TIA

I also purchased the FLM drive cups/shafts and had the same issue. I used a dremel and worked the pin hole just enough to where I could slide the pin in.

Eventually I did a little search and had found other people that experienced the same issue.

Maybe someone else can shed a little more light about… I’m curious myself

No! Do not carve or grind anything out.. they go in at extreme angles, these things are about as challenging as a rubix cube but they do go in. I have 2 5ive-t's with these and I have not altered the cups to get the shafts in. Patience and keep moving the shaft around till the pins slide in. Hook one side of the pin in first and the shaft will be at like a 45 degree angle then wiggle the shaft and push lightly, you don't need a lot of force to get them in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks