looking for large scale car.. please advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brute_Jared

Hello,

I’m an employee with a company called Brute Industries, Inc. We manufacture Race Race ramps from raceramps.com

We are trying to find a large scale model of a Subaru WRX for use at an upcoming auto show. I have found a couple, one at LargeScaleRC.com, another cheesy looking car, and another from a website based in italy. But we really don’t want to spend $1,000 on a simple model car when we aren’t racing it. We originally bought a 1/10th scale Tamiya, but that’s a little bit small (we really want a 1/5th scale).

We thought about buying just a body (from largescalerc.com) and mounting it to a block and putting wheels on it, but just the body alone is $174. I realize for racing, that’s not a lot, but for our purposes that is a little costly.

Does anyone have a solution? Feel free to call 906-786-0585 and ask for Jared.

Jared

you are in a tough spot. you might wana try getting a cheap 5th scale "toy" from walmart or toys "r" us and mounting a 5th scale wrx body on it. youll get your money back for the shell if you sell it on the forums or ebay

Hello,

I’m an employee with a company called Brute Industries, Inc. We manufacture Race Race ramps from raceramps.com

We are trying to find a large scale model of a Subaru WRX for use at an upcoming auto show. I have found a couple, one at LargeScaleRC.com, another cheesy looking car, and another from a website based in italy. But we really don’t want to spend $1,000 on a simple model car when we aren’t racing it. We originally bought a 1/10th scale Tamiya, but that’s a little bit small (we really want a 1/5th scale).

We thought about buying just a body (from largescalerc.com) and mounting it to a block and putting wheels on it, but just the body alone is $174. I realize for racing, that’s not a lot, but for our purposes that is a little costly.

Does anyone have a solution? Feel free to call 906-786-0585 and ask for Jared.

Jared

If you're having issues spending ~$170 for a body, I'm afraid 1/5 in any capacity is beyond your price range. I've seen a few cheap plastic F1 1/5 R/C go for sale on eBay, but they were ~$50 (and obviously not a rally car, nor designed for jumps). I guarantee, however, that you'll not find a rally-prepped FG or MCD for less than $300, even if it's in pieces. The rally cars are especially rare (well, at least here in the states, anyway), so unless you get lucky and find a Wal-Mart special, you're either going to have to be willing to separate with at least $500 or go without.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks