Looking to buy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtx_f

A new 1/5 scale and I was thinking about the T1000 or the HPI baja ss so I can build it myself. The t1000 looks great what can you say about the reliability of it? Example I have a red cat MT and switched the electronics immediately due to components being junk, aside from that I love it. looking for something lighter, faster, a different feel. The MT is like a tank! Not many videos on you tube for the T1000 any info would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks!

Ultimately the choice is yours but the electronics on the t1000 aren't great either but the money that you save you can build it the way you want it, my. 02¢, as far as reliability read through the km section there is allot of great info here:)

I bought the t1000 and have to say that my initial thoughts on quality control were horrid...I even made a thread calling it a pile of poop...lol. After I got over being pissed off at breaking a servo saver the first day I took it out (30 degrees out) and losing the pinion bolt out of the two speed trans the third time taking out...I have been impressed with the truck. The pinion bolt is probably a little my fault...there is info all over the net talking about this being the week spot on this truck AND the Bajas, but I chose to ignore it thinking this was a new truck and I wouldn't have to worry about anything. The servo saver was probably a product of being extremely cold out...so other than those issues, I have been happy...haha. if you're not planning on racing the truck, I think the electronics will be fine for messing around in fields and such with your buddies. I have noticed no real problems with lack of range or reactivity with the stock stuff...of course I'm sure I would notice a difference if I went better. But I haven't, so I don't :)

Once I got the truck tuned in (both engine and 2spd), she absolutely rips. I was concerned that because I have always owned nitro, this thing would feel like a pig. At first it did, but after it broke in...the engine literally changed tune and it now smokes my savage x 4.6.

Good luck with whatever you choose...clone us a great way to save cash and still own a great truck with money left over for important upgrades down the road!

Last edited by a moderator:
its your choice, hpi or KM both are good, and both have theier bads as well.

hpi youll spend more, and still eventually upgrade, or break, or it may be the one in a hundred that is a lemon too.

KM youll spend less, alreadyhave upgrades NOT present on HPI, have the extra cash to sink into more upgrades, and, sometimes youll get a good one(i did) and sometimes not, so same as above a 50/50 chance of getting good or a lemon too.

odds on either brand are same 50/50 good/lemon, so ultimately decision is yours, just keep in mind, prices/same chances of good and bad as you think it over.

its your choice, hpi or KM both are good, and both have theier bads as well.

hpi youll spend more, and still eventually upgrade, or break, or it may be the one in a hundred that is a lemon too.

KM youll spend less, alreadyhave upgrades NOT present on HPI, have the extra cash to sink into more upgrades, and, sometimes youll get a good one(i did) and sometimes not, so same as above a 50/50 chance of getting good or a lemon too.

odds on either brand are same 50/50 good/lemon, so ultimately decision is yours, just keep in mind, prices/same chances of good and bad as you think it over.

1+ very well said!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a real nice HPI 5B SS I'll be listing for sale. It's lightly used and is ready to run. Let me know if you're interested. I should have it listed by this evening.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks