Losi 5 or kmx2 delux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluealpina

Hi i am new to 5th scale
Would love a losi 5 but as i intend to upgrade to mostly alloy parts and a hi power ogr engine in the future would i be better to start with the cheaper king motors x2 and just throw all the cheap plastic parts away or am i going to hit major problems because from my point at over £500 price difference in purchase price thats alot of upgrages thanks for any help and advice
P

If you plan to replace most of the plastic anyway I would consider starting from scratch. I also wouldn't buy aluminum just because it's aluminum, buy high quality aluminum parts or stick with plastic.

The King motors new stuff really isn't bad. I am a Losi whore. A word of well meaning advice though. If you plan to make it a sunday drive or a shelf queen then yes, go nuts with the aloy. If you plan to bash it then forget about it. Stick to a few meaningful alloy upgrades (for your chosen truck, it differs from truck to truck) and leave the rest as it is because it actually makes the truck less sturdy. I know it sounds counter intuitive but it really does and a single hard crash can bend the whole truck out of shape. With the forces and weight involved at large scale, when you crash, somethings gotta give and alloy don't bounce back to its original shape.

Thanks
Its probably gonna end up as a shelf queen as once ive built them i usually loose interest but id never thought about the more rigid you make them the more you will break

Thanks
Its probably gonna end up as a shelf queen as once ive built them i usually loose interest but id never thought about the more rigid you make them the more you will break
that's the trick...to not make it tooo stiff by adding alloy were its not needed..o_O...u need certain things to b plastic regardless of what rc it may b.;)...imo of course :)....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks