Losi 5ive b build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great build gallery @pardeepanesar. Those Losi diffs are beautiful, how are you liking the 5ive b?
Was thinking about giving up the hobby as I had some bad luck before it . Then I thought I'll give it one more shot and this has made me fall back in love with the hobby. The 5ive-b is simply and truly amazing practically unbreakable . only problem is running out of fuel. :D:D:D:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Was thinking about giving up the hobby as I had some bad luck before it . Then I thought I'll give it one more shot and this has made me fall back in love with the hobby. The 5ive-b is simply and truly amazing practically unbreakable . only problem is running out of fuel. :D:D:D:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

That's great to hear. I've been on quite the hiatus and looking to get back into gassers. What kind of problems were you having in the past?
I saw the Vekta and was in aw about its build quality and use of a solid axle. That's a first for 5th scale. Then I saw the 5ive-B and some build videos, runs and reviews and this seems to be the route I was thinking. I like the layout as well.

Do you race at all? I'm not a racer just a basher. Opinions on this for bashing?
I'm actually quite stumped on which way to go, there are so many different models to choose from nowadays. Not just HPI, FG or MCD and of cource the knockoffs.
Thank You

That's great to hear. I've been on quite the hiatus and looking to get back into gassers. What kind of problems were you having in the past?
I saw the Vekta and was in aw about its build quality and use of a solid axle. That's a first for 5th scale. Then I saw the 5ive-B and some build videos, runs and reviews and this seems to be the route I was thinking. I like the layout as well.

Do you race at all? I'm not a racer just a basher. Opinions on this for bashing?
I'm actually quite stumped on which way to go, there are so many different models to choose from nowadays. Not just HPI, FG or MCD and of cource the knockoffs.
Thank You
I'm a straight up basher , I bought this with the intention to go back into racing but then I started bashing it and it was too much fun as
Is maybe in the summer I'll start racing her

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a straight up basher , I bought this with the intention to go back into racing but then I started bashing it and it was too much fun as

I've been lusting after a 5B for a while now.
Any ideas on how to sneak something that big into the house?

I'm so glad I'm only 16 as a problem like that never happens to me . its my job as a 16 to be impractical and spend all my money on toys [emoji16][emoji16]. To be completely honest my parents like that I have a hobby that I really like but they wouldn't if they knew how Much this one costs and it stays in the shed (garage away from the house ) and they don't go in their often .

If I were you tell them that its a new boiler or something or be really sneaky and get home early one day and hide it in the house and when she finds it say you've had it for ages its practically a vintage antique [emoji23][emoji23]

I know whats on the bag, a WORK BENCH! LMAO

aluminum-work-bench-and-rounded-blue-art-deco-for-kids-with-portable-benches-red-white-plastic-toys-black-storage_art-sets-for-kids_apartment_apartment-designer-interior-design-for-small-apartments-de.jpg

I'm so glad I'm only 16 as a problem like that never happens to me . its my job as a 16 to be impractical and spend all my money on toys [emoji16][emoji16]. To be completely honest my parents like that I have a hobby that I really like but they wouldn't if they knew how Much this one costs and it stays in the shed (garage away from the house ) and they don't go in their often .

If I were you tell them that its a new boiler or something or be really sneaky and get home early one day and hide it in the house and when she finds it say you've had it for ages its practically a vintage antique [emoji23][emoji23]

I can't use that one.
That's what she does with Tupperware

That's good to hear that it is capable of both, even though I'll probably never find a track around here. But, I have miles of beaches and sand to bash in.

I've been to, haha.
I have also put some thought into this as well. When I figure it out, I'll let you know ;)

Ahh, to be 16 again, hah. I do agree, it is a great hobby for someone so young to get involved in and is a little easier hiding the cost from mom and dad when you're in charge of your own funds.

I can't use that one.
That's what she does with Tupperware

Mine does the same with shoes

At the beginning there was some resistance, but it is very simple. I clock significant amount of hours on the payroll, the credit on the bank account has my name and no other.

There were a few questions on what why the expenses. I said, you need to get some time off, pack your bags and spend them at your mom's house for the next six months, and for every new question about my expenses add one more month at your mother's house...

Done

At the beginning there was some resistance, but it is very simple. I clock significant amount of hours on the payroll, the credit on the bank account has my name and no other.

There were a few questions on what why the expenses. I said, you need to get some time off, pack your bags and spend them at your mom's house for the next six months, and for every new question about my expenses add one more month at your mother's house...

Done
You're a brave man!

Done
I typically use money from my side work to fund my big boy toys. The wife doesn't have access to that account ;)
She also doesn't ask many if any questions either, thankfully hahaha. Though she is starting to catch on with certain things hah

I typically use money from my side work to fund my big boy toys. The wife doesn't have access to that account ;)
She also doesn't ask many if any questions either, thankfully hahaha. Though she is starting to catch on with certain things hah

I do the a few mowing jobs here and there and use that money but still get questions when parcels arrive.
All up a 5B here is gonna cost $3000+ by the time it's up and running.
That's a lotta lawns!

I do the a few mowing jobs here and there and use that money but still get questions when parcels arrive.
All up a 5B here is gonna cost $3000+ by the time it's up and running.
That's a lotta lawns!
Nah more like $2500 and it'l) be sorted out nicely

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks