Losi 5ive B Front Outdrive Cups and Drive Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoduh

I was out running the 5ive B the other day, nothing major, no jumps...just a flat dusty construction site....I had stock 5ive T wheels and tires on cause I noticed this.
20181024_211620.jpg
I have 2 like this. I suck at glueing tires...

Back to the real issue...
After the run I noticed some binding in the left front side...thought it my be something with the diff but it was just isolated to the left front side.
This is what I found.
20181024_201908.jpg

I was able to bang it back in...but why did it come out in the first place?

Reinstalled it but not sure it's going to stay that way. Do you think the cup is bad too?

Are you using the droop screws on the lower arms?
May help if you restrict the lower travle
As far as if the pin remains not sure about that.
Ill go have a look at my rig see if its at all the same
I have my rig on a small stand so it rests on the chassis, no weight on the suspension. And it looks just like yours in the vid a ball hair from the pin coming out. I have not adjusted my droop screws at all, maybr i should:unsure:
As for the tires my stock one lasted 1-2 mins max so not surprised to see yours like that

Last edited:
If that is with the wheels at full droop then that looks about right.the remaining cup space is for when the shocks compress and the driveline plunges into the drive cup

Ok. ...pin aint gonna stay in....
You can see the difference in the 2.

20181120_213350.jpg

And in the process of replacing.....i ripped the boot.:banghead:.
20181120_213129.jpg:bucktooth:

Replacement boot on order.
4 per bag. $20.00.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks