Losi 5ive first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
Losi 5ive first run!
Here is the new Losi 5ive at out track today,just a quick vid.The diabolical driving is Barry's(1275 mini) who susequently owns the car too!
I had a go today and it handles so easily and the access to all the workings are superb. Unbelievably over engineered too.Pics of the car don't do it justice.

Cheers Barry for trusting me with your car(nobody else does!;))

J.

Last edited by a moderator:
So when's yours coming James? !!!

Sounds like you're sold.

Was that REALLY the first run, at full bore - break in procedure? !!

How did the shocks hold out - any leaks?
Losi own brand shocks on the LST are excellent, the 'after market (Integy - surprise !!)' ones leak.

How did the diff brake hold out - need readjusting much?

Al.

So when's yours coming James? !!!

Sounds like you're sold.

Was that REALLY the first run, at full bore - break in procedure? !!

How did the shocks hold out - any leaks?
Losi own brand shocks on the LST are excellent, the 'after market (Integy - surprise !!)' ones leak.

How did the diff brake hold out - need readjusting much?

Al.

it had about 1/2 hour before Jim got to the field
shocks are spot on no leaks
diff brake is just like my mcd 100% pulls the front end down when you want
no complaints spot on bit of kit !:cup-1::cup-1::cup-1::cup-1:

See anything that needs an immediate attention in terms of upgrades or fixes?

dumped the servos fitted hitec 5755 along with the steering servo adaptor from the baja some sort of temporary pipe system to save the inside of the body till pipes are out !

Already a few baja’s are up for sale on well known rc forums,these 5ives are going to be very popular and both baja and MCD are not going to be looked at with all the positive user reviews on Losi.

So far 5ives jump and turn extremely well,but that’s to be expected as they are a oversized 8 truggy which has won many events worldwide.

Plus these things will take a heavy beating.Baja and MCD owners are going to be left behind.

I got a chance to check these out at Bajafest this past September. And at first I was unsure my thoughts of it but I did love the simplicity of the 4wd verse the MCD's setup. I think these will be around for a while. Plus there are some manufacters already designing upgraded parts for it.

Short break in the rain today so i had to get the losi dirty handles a lot better with the body on
DSC_0017.jpg
DSC_0018.jpg
DSC_0019.jpg
DSC_0020.jpg
DSC_0021.jpg
DSC_0022.jpg
was not to sure about the heat from the exhust on the body got a bit warm but no problems

Last edited:
Ya i don't know why everyone is changing there steering servos,all you have to do is run a 2 cell lipo and they are plenty fast and powerful enough,at 7.5 they have over 500oz of torque and .17 speed which is only .2 slower then the hitec5755,so doesn't make much sense to me,and there are rated to handle 7.4 volts.

Losi 5ive first run!
Here is the new Losi 5ive at out track today,just a quick vid.The diabolical driving is Barry's(1275 mini) who susequently owns the car too!
I had a go today and it handles so easily and the access to all the workings are superb. Unbelievably over engineered too.Pics of the car don't do it justice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU_Wu8l3swY

Cheers Barry for trusting me with your car(nobody else does!;))

J.

I like the losi 5t but their to slow out of the box, iv seen them with the flowsystem with the stock engine with no break in,
it was a total different beast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tf7s1slsOv8

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks