Losi 5ive Jumping control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPKOCHER

I'm having a problem with my ass end coming up horribly I know how to fix it while it's in the air but sometimes it's just to much. Should I put the red springs on it and 50 weight oil?

That usually happens when you have your rear end suspension setup stiffer than the front. Did you change the stock setup? I have no problems taking jumps with the stock setup (spring and oil weight combo). I end up correcting more for higher front off the jump.

I haven't touched the suspension, I was told that the reason it was doing it is because I'm bottoming out as I hit the jump so I needed to stiffen the rear

One thing you shouldn't over compensate for is bottoming from a jump. It's going to happen with a big enough jump and you end up with a suspension too stiff overall. If you are bottoming on the face of the jump then the angle of approach (jump face) may just be too sharp. Try other angle jumps and see if the in air situation changes.

Your center diff. may be unloading to the front too easily. Like front wheel drive.....Try thickening or locking your center diff. It really improved mine, no more donkey kick!

-the front and rear outputs of your center diff. spin together. Makes the rear wheels spin the same RPM under load as the fronts. If you thicken the oil up to say 1,000,000 weight oil it will be close to locked, but not quite. When you accelerate the weight comes off the nose and the front wheels spin while the rear wheels are stationary if your center diff. oil is too thin, which is how it usually is in stock form. You want the wheels all spinning nearly the same to jump well. Otherwise, you just have front wheel drive under acceleration...front wheel drive cars don't jump very well.

what do you mean by locking it, and what does it do ?

Check on YT, SquirrelRC has good videos on diffs, imagine the front is the left wheel and the rear is the left and your center diff.

If you get stuck in the snow or mud power transfer on a open diff, similar to the center diff shifts to the wheel/ Front/rear of less resistance. When you drive the front has less resistance as all the weight shifts to the rear. Visualize the truck like a mass of energy.

If the diff is heavy w oil then less probability of the front tires getting most of the acceleration.

About the jump, approach it with speed but don't go into the ramp full on the trigger. I usually create the speed slightly let go a bit and right before jumping I give it one last trigger pull. It takes practice, it does look cool when the truck is gliding in the air. Be careful on landing accelerating, may or may not strip gears, blow diffs or driveshafts. As soon as it lands punch it, with a nice rooster tail, ja ja...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks