Losi 5ive - Kershaw Brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyT

Hey Everyone,

I have 2 Losie 5ive's...one is gas and will remain that way and I just picked up a brand new roller that I am going to make brushless as I want to see how it runs. I have searched and have seen the various conversions but not much is on anything from Kershaw. I am considering going with the attached setup as I have purchased stuff from Kershaw before and all has been good.

Here is the configuration:

http://www.kershawdesigns.com/Losi5-KDBrushlessConversion.htm

I want 12s capability.

I was looking at the BL5 conversion as you can keep the brakes but Kershaw's design uses a different ESC that will charge the batteries to a degree when you are breaking.

If this looks good, would you go with the Leopard motor or the Castle 2028 motor?

Has anyone got any experience with this or any other conversion kit that think is the absolute way to go?

Thanks,

BT

--------------
Elcon Cleon
Losi 5ive (x2)
RC4WD 1/4 Killer Monster
HPI Baja - Brushless

Attachments

• 2013-04-13 13.19.01.jpg
    2013-04-13 13.19.01.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 8
Bobby, looking at the gear you already have, you've quite a collection.
I'm intrigued by the 1/4 Monster!!

I've used Dan at Kershaw before and find his gear really quite good.

Might be worthwhile just giving him a call and sounding him out - he might have some things to suggest/recomment.

It mentions no BEC - which most ESC's do have (battery elimination circuitry).

In the kit it mentions 6.5mm connectors, but individually, the batteries sell with 8mm connectors.
I'd definitely go for 8mm if I were you.
Keep us posted how you get on!!
Al.

Thanks Al,

The collection is growing fast...i got into RC last year and it has become a very enjoyable hobby for my son and I.

I did speak to Dan via email and he recommended 8mm connectors and I would add a BEC if it does not already have one.

I will post on the 1/4 Killer Monster when I get it this week.

BT.

--------------
Elcon Cleon
Losi 5ive (x2)
RC4WD 1/4 Killer Monster
HPI Baja - Brushless

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks