Losi 5ive suspension tuning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaygreig

After our visit to Largescalerc in Monon, IN, I deduced that I desperately need to figure out a better tune for the loose hard pack of their track. I am running the orange springs, and stock tires. I had next to no steering on power, so I know I'm going to need to do some diff work also. Any advice is welcome, I will be trying several different setups for the track.

Switch to Pro-line Blockade tires. The stockers are for bashing and loose, loamy conditions. I run 30K up front, well over 100K center, and 15K rear and it has all kinds of steering. Red springs rear, stock blue fronts, arms level ride height. I do have a stronger steering servo as well.....

Stock steering servo Woodie...not the servo's fault though...I'm pushing out in the turns on power, and still a little bit off power...started doing some research last night to see where to begin...I was actually entertaining the idea of replicating the stock set up since it's supposed to be pretty good.
I also need to put a waay better tx in it than I have now...I think I'm going to do that first.

Decided to take the advice on the 30k in the front diff...I haven't gotten the center diff 125k for it yet...should get it tomorrow. Thoughts on the 125k center? I am going with what I am seeing guys using the most...on losi5ive forum, there's a chart showing what guys are running.

Oh, and good call on the blockade tires...they look like they will be perfect for the track...it is pretty well clay loam out there at the moment...I guess I have to keep in mind during events they will be a little wetter.

Last edited:
Well, as uneventful as it happened, it did finally happen. I burned up the stock steering servo last weekend. Of course I was literally just warming up the engine taking it easy when steering went. I love the Killer RC 7200 lipo, but I should have been running a UBEC and I can only blame myself. So, now I ask, what steering servo to replace it with? I had a buddy give me a new Futaba S3306MG that he got as a DOTD to run with until it also drops out. I want something with some oomph, but not a near $500 Hitec. Anyone have any recommendations?

If you believe specks the best mid priced is not available yet spectrums new one is not available yet $165. Is what I've been told they will sell for

I know there are better diff cups out there...anyone running aftermarket cups with a locked diff?

Yup, N-R-P 7075 cups and team chase locker. I haven't driven the new diff cups yet as I'm waiting for my motor and ESC , batteries, and External Capacitors to arrive from MGM. I run the same center locker in the stock center diff cup on my brushless 5ive that I'm driving now. I've read noting but good things from guys already running the NRP housings, and they fit front, center, and rear with no problems or modifications necessary.

Turns out the Spektrum SR3300T rx is what the problem was...and of course Horizon hobby was really "helpful" as usual. I was offered the oppurtunity to ship it back at my cost and pay for them to "check it out", so versus paying to have the official assessment of what I already know, I think I'm going to just go with another system.

I know there are better diff cups out there...anyone running aftermarket cups with a locked diff?

Front- chase cups/10k
Mid-vertigo locker /chase cups
Rear-chase cups/7k
I just have to chang out the cvd shafts every 4 races or so because they tend to explode after a wile of hard driving and the pins start to flatten
Shocks
Front 40w 2.1pistons arms level
Rear 35w 2.3 pistions arms level
Works great for me.
91868093-20F6-44A0-906E-E860394538B6_zpsxhpeqpfr.jpg

Yup, N-R-P 7075 cups and team chase locker. I haven't driven the new diff cups yet as I'm waiting for my motor and ESC , batteries, and External Capacitors to arrive from MGM. I run the same center locker in the stock center diff cup on my brushless 5ive that I'm driving now. I've read noting but good things from guys already running the NRP housings, and they fit front, center, and rear with no problems or modifications necessary.

Sorry, I misread and misunderstood the cups you were talking about. Team chase and PhatDad are cups I run too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks