Losi 5ive-t 2.0 vs MCD W5 vs 30 DNT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

How durable are they, and which one would you go for for normal back yard bashing? I know a lot of folks compare the dnt to the Losi five-t but can it handle big bore power!? i have also looked at the MCD W5 as well and im not sure about it, they seem to be nice but i don't know much about them

Last edited:
How durable is it? I know a lot of folks compare it to the Losi five-t but can it handle big bore power!?
i own one and tbh it is very durable but i doubt it will handle a big bore, the stock drivetrain holds up to any small bore perfectly fine so i dunno but you would most likely need a full losi drivetrain to cope with a big bore

i own one and tbh it is very durable but i doubt it will handle a big bore, the stock drivetrain holds up to any small bore perfectly fine so i dunno but you would most likely need a full losi drivetrain to cope with a big bore
What engine does yours have? What’s a good engine for it?

What engine does yours have? What’s a good engine for it?
mine still has the clone 29cc in it but i know @KevTrem has been running a g320 in his for i think over 20 litres of fuel now on the stock drivetrain and ive heard him say before that one of his mates runs an obr 34 reed in it on stock drivetrain.
Its basically a losi 5t 1.0 so anything that bolts up to a 5t will bolt up to this.

mine still has the clone 29cc in it but i know @KevTrem has been running a g320 in his for i think over 20 litres of fuel now on the stock drivetrain and ive heard him say before that one of his mates runs an obr 34 reed in it on stock drivetrain.
Its basically a losi 5t 1.0 so anything that bolts up to a 5t will bolt up to this.
I gotcha so Losi or McD would be better to go with

MCD drivetrain is solid but I feel like the Losi rigs take a beating better... MCD was meant for racing and nice manicured tracks they have over in europe it seems like. If you're jumping it etc I'd definitely go Losi, if you're just bashing up and down a field then the MCD would do well also and you won't have any issues with drivetrain. I have an ALX 71cc in my W5 and the stock driveline is handling it.

MCD drivetrain is solid but I feel like the Losi rigs take a beating better... MCD was meant for racing and nice manicured tracks they have over in europe it seems like. If you're jumping it etc I'd definitely go Losi, if you're just bashing up and down a field then the MCD would do well also and you won't have any issues with drivetrain. I have an ALX 71cc in my W5 and the stock driveline is handling it.
I agree that Losi is probably your best option but the mcd take a proper beating. I race on some of the roughest tracks you’ll ever see and they are more durable than the losi (I’ve owned both). The Main reason I advise people to get Losi especially in the USA is because Parts availability is poor for mcd and everyone and every company Carrie’s parts for losi. If you live anywhere else like uk, Canada mainland Europe or Australia than mcd is the rig to get

I agree that Losi is probably your best option but the mcd take a proper beating. I race on some of the roughest tracks you’ll ever see and they are more durable than the losi (I’ve owned both). The Main reason I advise people to get Losi especially in the USA is because Ddm will have everything you need. If you live anywhere else like uk, Canada mainland Europe or Australia than mcd is the rig to get

Definitely agree on parts.. for parts availability Losi wins here in the US. Plus everyone runs losi so chances are someone else may have a part if you need something you don't have. Plus they tend to be less expensive to fix if something breaks. Both have positives and negatives...

Right now isnt a bad time to get into an MCD since the conversion rates are down. I splurged on an XR5 ultimate with hydrax brakes and the x-snap 2 speed.

Definitely agree on parts.. for parts availability Losi wins here in the US. Plus everyone runs losi so chances are someone else may have a part if you need something you don't have. Plus they tend to be less expensive to fix if something breaks. Both have positives and negatives...

Right now isnt a bad time to get into an MCD since the conversion rates are down. I splurged on an XR5 ultimate with hydrax brakes and the x-snap 2 speed.
My w5 hasn’t cost much to maintain. A arms and hubs really. A new body after over a year, a couple shock rebuilds and replacing rubber components. I’ve spent less on this w5 than I did building and maintaining my losi

Why is that? Seems like quiet a few people run them or did that just happen over the course of past yr? Seems like the rig to want to own atm
Mcd parts come from cardinal in Canada, Taylor rc in uk or rcfox in Germany. If I need a pull start I can get one from Ddm in 2 days. If I need a set of wheels from cardinal he’s expensive and i may be able to get what I need in 2-4 days if I pay $50 shipping or 5-8 or more if I pay around $30 (free shipping with larger orders). Taylor rc is reasonably priced but he doesn’t hold much stock. it could be 2-14 days to get the parts. Rcfox is by far the best prices but the slow boat takes 14-20 days to arrive. On Long Island between me and Scott we have enough parts to build a couple rigs from scratch so it’s easy to keep running but that won’t be the case for most people.

Go ahead n call me idiotic , but myself I would get them all , once I have a 30°north I'll be completed ! But there all good rigs I've been up close with them at our track , but !!!! It still comes to what a sneaky driver you can be , hell I'd give anybody a good challenge with my freeeeekn x max 😅😂🤣😅🤣

Go ahead n call me idiotic , but myself I would get them all , once I have a 30°north I'll be completed ! But there all good rigs I've been up close with them at our track , but !!!! It still comes to what a sneaky driver you can be , hell I'd give anybody a good challenge with my freeeeekn x max 😅😂🤣😅🤣
I’ll race your x max right now and I’ll give you $10,000 if I lose

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks