Losi 5ive-t long travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
Wanting to do something different and cant seem to find anything on it. Are there any long travel kits for the 5ive-t? I was looking at the FLM dbxl kit and was wondering if anyone has made one work or had any ideas on what could be made to work.

The suspension is what it is on a 5ive. The geometry of the suspension (a arms ets) give the most travel for the type of truck that it is. Keep in mind of the front drive train etc. the Hpi baja platform has more travel but there isn’t a factor of drive train in the front. The rear dog bones on a baja in my opinion get really close to the end of the drive cup and potentially come out. I’ve thrown many bones on the baja when I had it. So far no issues with that on the 5ive. So in my experiences it’s due to the travel that’s built into the truck. If you want more travel maybe check into a different platform. Just my opinion. Good luck and let us know whet you figure out. Maybe it could help us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what your saying. But the baja suspension is what it is also, but companies like FLM etc all make extended arm kits as well as a dbxl which is 4x4. Just curious if anyone has made a kit or made something work. Suspension can always be improved.

The only thing I remember seeing may have been extended hubs. The baja has a huge amount of aftermarket parts. I have not noticed anything closer I that for the 5ive. Maybe kingmotor has something for the x2, or Rovan LT. Those are the knock offs of the 5ive. Another one is made by 30north. Just ideas when looking.

Says out of stock but maybe get in touch with them too see if they will have them again.

Holy snikes batman! Haha those are pricey, wonder if anyone has used them with any luck. I'm curious to try it though.

Wanting to do something different and cant seem to find anything on it. Are there any long travel kits for the 5ive-t? I was looking at the FLM dbxl kit and was wondering if anyone has made one work or had any ideas on what could be made to work.
U can make a tlr 5b buggy an inch wider by using a losi 5t a arm kit with axles and camber kits. if ur using the adi bellcrank ur gonna wanna use the losi 5t 2.0 setup. But gerting the 5t wider
Get some brp hubs the got 1inch

I own the dbxl kit and I don't think it would work. The width of the arms were they meet the chasis is smaller, and the 5T spindles are much larger. I suppose with enough effort it could be made to work, but would take some serious modifications.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks